40

Qu Qing Ju felt that she didn't understand what was going on. This era didn't treat women as strictly as the previous dynasty, but Qu Yue Su had just reached her marriageable age of fifteen. She just casually walked with a wang ye that already had a wife on this public street, wasn't it a bit inappropriate?

She looked at the veil that the other was wearing. Her appearance was faintly unclear through the fabric which would more easily cause others to speculate. She didn't want to involve herself in whatever Chang De Gong Fu was doing so in the end she didn't say anything

"It is meimei," Qu Yue Su's voice was as sweet as usually and had an extra hint of gentleness. She gave Qu Qing Ju a slight bow, "I didn't think to be able to see jiejie here."

She had just called her Duan Wang Fei. After one call of "san mei" the other instantly changed appellations. In her voice, nothing of the conflict between Qu Qing Ju and Chang De Gong Fu could be heard, as though Qu Qing Ju was just her sister.

"Just a good festival so I came out to see," Qu Qing Ju had no interest to chat in front of two wang ye and an unfamiliar woman. She replied coldly and didn't speak further.

Qu Wei Su saw she didn't want to speak and casually responded before stopping talking. She clearly was a perceptive person. This series of actions made Qu Qing Ju feel that it was a miracle that Liang shi could raise such a daughter.

It instantly became silent between the four people. Nobody spoke. Suddenly, a ball of fire exploded in the sky. Qu Qing Ju raised her eyes to watch. She saw the eye-catching spread of fire as she heard the cheers of people in her ears.

Qu Yue Su also raised her head but she only saw the sparks as the fireworks faded. She had no desire to watch so she turned her head to look at Rui Wang beside her. The other's handsome appearance caused her to slightly blush.

"Didi has a pleasure boat by the river, how about er ge and er sao come together on to see the river lanterns from there." He Yuan said calmly, "It's rumoured that the fireworks would be going on for two hours tonight. It wouldn't be as noisy on the boat. Er ge, you can't disdain the boat for being too crude." Finishing, his face revealed a smile that held a hint of pride.

Hearing the other mention the pleasure boat, He Heng knew this boat. It had been commissioned from the Ministry of Works specifically by fuhuang for lao san. He had never been on it, but he had heard people mention it. This boat had exquisite carvings all over. Since the other had the desire to boast, he couldn't reject.

"That's great, er ge hadn't had the chance to see didi's boat. It's very fortunate to have met tonight, we'll have to disturb you," Finishing, he turned and held Qu Qing Ju's hand as he explained with a shallow smile: "Seeing the lights from the river, it has a distinctive flavour."

Qu Qing Ju's index finger scratched his palm and nodded her head lightly.

He Yuan looked at their close conjugal state and put his hands behind his back in disgust, moving his eyes away.

On the side, Qu Yue Su was deeply moved. A person like da jie who had such a dull personality, she was able to receive Duan Wang's affection. Even her personality was more outgoing than in the past. It could be seen just how great the influence Duan Wang had on her. A sense of admiration rose in her heart, a bit sour and a touch bitter

Chang De Gong Fu's days were one worse than the past one. So they thought to let her enter Rui Wang Fu. Even if she couldn't become zheng fei, but after Rui Wang succeeded the throne, she could at least be a fei. If she gave birth to a son, she might even have better fortune in the future.