46

The Count of Bei Lu managed to travel to Jing City on the twenty-sixth day of the first month. The first place he went to was the Princess Royal's fu, but before he could enter, he was thrown out by the servants of the fu. He hadn't known that the servants would make things this difficult for him. When he was about to start in on them, Jin An Princess came out, supported by a yahuan.

Because the Count of Bei Lu had constantly been thinking of that mistress, the husband and wife hadn't been together for many days in the recent months. The Count of Bei Lu stood under the main gate, looking at the grandly-dressed princess. The fiery anger instantly was extinguished by cold water. He muttered: "Princess."

"What is fuma doing?" Jin An Princess looked mockingly behind him, "Why don't I see your little lover?"

The Count of Bei Lu's face was conflicted. The servants and guards of the princess' fu had filled the gate. He didn't want to humiliate himself in front of these people but he had to do so. Otherwise, his entire Cao Family would be impacted, to say nothing of protecting the mistress he liked.

"The princess misunderstood, it was just a little bit of fun, it wouldn't have influenced the feelings between us," Count of Bei Lu forced himself to smile as he gave a deep bow, "I ask for Princess to forgive weifu[i], weifuwill not do such an idiotic thing in the future."

Jin An Princess disdainfully looked at the man in front of his eyes. He still was elegant and graceful, full of warmth and education. The person was still the same person, but the heart had changed. A man with a changed heart. If she kept it, it was just guarding a stinky skin, she would just disgust herself.

For some reason, she wanted to laugh and she did: "Fuma, this joke is really funny. Ben gong, in the past, hadn't known that fuma would have lost himself because of playing with an amusement. Idiotic or not, you know in your heart. These kinds of words, ben gong doesn't care to hear. Since it was fuhuang's Imperial Decree that summoned you into Jing, you can go into the palace to explain to fuhuang."

The Count of Bei Lu's heart suddenly panicked. He heard the disdain in the princess' words. But if this event didn't have the princess to mediate, the emperor will definitely heavily punish him. And the Family Cao would be over. Originally, his Family Cao had been one with only a title yet no power. Now that the incident has gotten larger, they might not even be able to keep their title.

Thinking about this, the Count of Bei Lu could only continue: "Princess, we have been together for so many years, we can't let such a minor thing affect our feelings for each other. This event, it was weifu's great mistake. As long as Princess is willing to forgive weifu, weifu is willing to do anything."

"Since you know we have been married for so long, why did you do such a shameless thing to break our union?" Jin An Princess wasn't moved and looked expressionlessly at the Count of Bei Lu, "In this world, there is a reason for anything. These years, ben gong has never slighted any of your Cao family. You have treated me so, how can you come here?" Finishing, she turned and ordered the gatesmen: "Close the main gate!"

The Count of Bei Lu watched as the main gate slowly closed. He wanted to beg, but seeing Jin An Princess' gaze, he couldn't say one word. Because the other's eyes told him, no matter what he said, the other wouldn't change their heart.

The news that the Count of Bei Lu had begged to see the princess but was rejected quickly spread through Jing. Many said that the Count of Bei Lu was too reckless, and there were those that said the Count of Bei Lu wasn't smart enough, but no one dared to say that Jin An Princess Royal was too aggressive. It wasn't easy marrying a daughter of the Imperial Family.