52

The news that the Wei Family's guniang went to the wang fu to offer herself on a pillow had somehow passed into the ears of Jing guifei. Originally, she felt that Wei Ran Shuang was an indecisive person, but now she believed that this was a guniang who had no sense of conduct and has subsequently dirtied the Wei Family's reputation. Thankfully, they didn't share the same grandfather. Otherwise, even she would be compromised.

"Ding mama," said Jing guifei in a cold voice and a dark expression on her face: ""You go with ben gong's sign to personally visit Wei lang zhong's[i]fu. Just say that Qin shi's moral conduct is lacking and she has improperly educated her daughter. I hope that he can admonish his wife and daughter so that the reputation of the Wei Clan is not adversely affected. If he cannot, then there will be no interactions between the two fuin the future." This tang ge of hers was mediocre with no great ability. He had properly fulfilled his duties outside and once he'd returned to Jing, it was only because of Heng'er's efforts that he'd received the position of a fifth-grade lang zhong in the Ministry of Revenue.

No mother liked a woman who recommended herself to be a bed-warmer for her son. Jing guifei was no exception. Even if this woman was a relative of her maternal family, and that as a guifei, she had no power to send a decree, she could still lecture on any inadequacies found within the clan. Many fei in the past had been accused and imprisoned for not effectively controlling their clans' behavior.

Ding mama was the most favored among Jing guifei's servants. When she arrived on a green-clothed carriage at Wei lang zhong's residence, the servants at that fuwere very courteous to her. Wei lang zhong himself even went to the gate to greet her and he ushered her into the main hall which was used to receive valued guests.

Ding mama courteously bowed to Wei lang zhong and rejected Wei lang zhong's offer when he told the servants to bring in refreshments: "Wei da ren, this old one has come today to pass on some words from guifei niangniang."

"What does guifei niangniang have to say?" Wei lang zhong rose from his seat and lifted his hands to perform a bow in the direction of the palace, "Please, mama, tell me."

Ding mama looked at the honest and sincere Wei lang zhong and sighed for him. This distantly related biao geof niangniang was a good man. It was a pity that he had such a troublesome di[ii] wife. He was only a small fifth-grade lang zhong in the Ministry of Revenue. It seems he wouldn't get a chance to climb any higher.

She bent at the waist as she spoke: "A few days earlier, niangniang heard some vague rumors and felt worried. She then requested this old one to send word to da ren." She raised her head to look at Wei lang zhong and saw his face was full of concern. It was clear that he was still in the dark as to what had happened, "Niangniang said that Wei furen's moral conduct is lacking, and she has improperly taught her daughter. She's afraid that the reputation of the Wei Clan would be affected and hopes that da ren would be able to advise her."

After hearing Ding mama's words, Wei lang zhong's face turned dark and then white. A while later, he finally forced some sound out of his throat: "I hope mama can clearly explain what my wife and unfilial daughter have done?"

Ding mama looked at him in sympathy. She made a bow, saying: "This matter, da ren should ask your furen. This old one has to return to the palace to serve niangniang. Goodbye."

Wei lang zhong didn't know what happened but he understood that guifei niangniang was feeling discontent with his family. His heart started to tremble as he waited for Ding mama to enter the carriage before he turned to walk towards the neiyuan.