Chapter Thirty

Sebastian winced as he lifted his arms take off his shirt.

His wound was clearly getting worse but it was the least of his worries right now.

He knew that it wasn't just a mere coincidence to have Zach disappear just as Arielle went missing.

How could he be so reckless?

No matter how much information he could've gotten from keeping someone like Zach by his side, it would've never been even close to what Arielle was worth to him.

He was drained after disappearing for a week. His energy was completely depleted but the only thing that kept him going, he had no idea where she was.

Sebastian had dreaded coming home, wanting to look for Arielle more desperately than anything.

However, Jaxon persuaded him, saying that Arielle wouldn't want to see him sleep-deprived and not showered. That the only way to find Arielle was to have everyone working as hard as they could without being hammered on with Sebastian's impatience.

After an argument with Jaxon, Sebastian found himself inside the empty room.

Everything in the house reminded him of her.

It didn't feel real to him.

It felt as if he was living through a nightmarish fever dream and when he woke up Arielle would scold him for getting sick and change the towel on his forehead.

He could only dream.

The smell of her lingered in the room with the faint smell of her perfume on his hoodies.

He was so drained.

So tired.

Done.

He washed his face, letting the cold water hit his skin and wake him up.

The last thing he wanted to do was to go to bed alone right now.

As he dried his face, he turned to his ringing phone to pick it up.

"Talk to me." He stated, hoping it was any news regarding to Arielle.

"Hello? Sebastian..." The girl on the line whined, "I haven't seen you in forever."

Karissa.

"What do you want?" He replied sharply, wanting to end the call as soon as possible.

"When are you going to take me out again?" She asked, "I miss you—"

"Listen, I don't know how many times I need to tell you this, but we aren't anything." Sebastian stated, "You signed an agreement, so keep your end of the stick. Don't contact me first again."

He heard her sigh on the other side of the line but before he could hang up, she opened her mouth, "You know, you're so mean Sebastian. You treat me like a girlfriend. You treat me so well even if there is no love. Why do you make me like you? It's not fair. Everyone else thinks I'm dating you. Why can't we just make it official? They see me more often too."

Sebastian tightened his fist, "Are you drunk?"

He could hear her begin to cry on the other side, "It's not fair. I like you Sebastian. I really do. If everyone thinks we're dating, why can't we just make the rumors true? I don't need you to like me. I—"

Sebastian hung up before tossing his phone onto the table.

He wasn't in the mood to deal with her bullshit.

He watched as the clocked ticked in front of him. 2:41 A.M.

His headache was only getting worse but he couldn't bother taking anything for it.