Chapter 6

Daniel's pov

'Layla I am not doing you any favour. I am just helping you out on a humanitarian basis.' I said. After some more pursuing she finally agreed and we were off to my place.

I opened the door and we both stepped inside. She looked around the penthouse and looked amazed. 'You have a really nice place.' she complimented. 'Thanks, I actually just brought this as an investment, but I really like this place.' I said to her.

'Dp you want some tea, coffee, some juice, anything?' I asked her. 'No thanks Daniel. I am fine.' she said.

'Okay, make yourself at home. I will freshen up and come.' I said to her. She nodded.

I took a shower and went back to the living and saw her sitting in the couch surfing through the phone. 'I am making some hot chocolate for both of us, it is quite cold and will help you relax.' I said to her. 'No its okay.' she said. 'I was not asking.' I  replied and went in the kitchen.

I prepared hot chocolate for both of us and took our cups outside. I saw she was sitting on the couch intently looking at the rain. The thunder sounds were really loud.

I went upto her and tapped her on the shoulder. She looked up and I offered her the cup. 'Thanks' she replied and took the cup. I sat by her side and took a sip from my own. 'The rain will stop, don't worry.' I told her. 'I know, but, I have been an inconvenience, I mean, you had to bring me over here and......' she started saying. 'You are not an inconvenience layla. Its okay.' I said.

'I never actually thought I would meet you like this again.' i said sipping my  hot chocolate. 'BUT I am glad I did.' I said smiling. I really was. I never knew the kind of amazing girl she was.

'I actually thought that sir's son would be a diffrent Daniel. But all my suspicions came to an end after he showed me your picture.' she said.

'So what do your parents do?' I asked her. 'Oh, my dad used to be a scientist and my mom a brain surgeon. Life was good but they...... They passed away in a nasty car crash when I was fifteen, right before highschool.' she said.

I was shocked. I never knew that. 'I am so sorry Layla. I......' I started saying. 'Don't be. Everyone is and despite everyone being sorry and no matter how much thay are, my parents are not going to come back. I have to live with that fact and will continue like that.' she said in a sad tone.

I didn't really know how to react to that fact. We continued silently watching the rain while having the hot chocolate. 'When they passed away, I really did not have a lot of problems, financially that is, they had left a huge house back in my hometown, a huge inheritance and a big fund for college as well. They had planned everything. My grandma brought me over here to live with her and I started highschool. I just struggled with them passing and started binge eating a lot using food as a coping mechanism to deal with their death and started struggling in high school.  Once high school ended I thought about what the hell I had done with my life, I lost all the weight and changed everything. I even got a scholarship to college so the inheritance my parents is still like that. I just wanted to be a daughter they would have been proud of. Later I met sir, ma'am, they remind me so much of my parents.' she continued.

'Sorry.' she suddenly said. 'I blabbered way too much, I shouldn't have.' 'Oh it's okay. It really is. You helped me when I was vulnerable, why would I mind?' I said to her. I truly didn't. Most of our conversations were just me talking about myself, this was for the first time she opened up about something. I did not know about how hard her past was.

She just smiled and did not react anything. She finished her hot chocolate and put her cup down. 'I think I should leave now. Thank you so much for your hospitality.' she said. 'Are you crazy? Look at the rain.' I said to her. 'I know but I don't want to be a bother. I can go. I will order an uber or something.' she said.

'You are not a bother to me. Trust me. And in this rain every driver will cancel your ride.' I told her. 'Technically still my boss.' she reminded me. 'No, I am your friend, not your boss please stop repeating that.' I said to her.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost time for dinner. 'Dinner?' I asked her. She gaped at me. 'No. No.... I mean...' she started saying. 'That I am your boss and you should not have dinner with me at my place and stuff like that?' I asked her raising my eyebrows.

'No... No its not like that... I... I just don't want to be.... I mean you don't have to do all this for me.' she said. 'You said that my parents are like your parents to you, right? You mean souch to them, I see it the way they talk about you. If I do something for you, then what's wrong with that?' I asked her. I knew I was tryimg to manipulate her but I really wanted her to stay. I really wanted to have dinner with her. I enjoyed her company, I hoped the rain would stay for a little more time so that she would stay.

Dad was right, she was a really nice girl.