Chapter Seventeen

This couldn't be happening to me!

The maid's voice continued to ring in my ears as I dumped the dress in the fancy box it had come in and stormed out of there. My legs were taking me to Devin's room, my pulse slamming in my neck with uncontrollable fury.

I rapped on his bedroom door harshly. He did not deserve any polite knocking, not when he'd sprung something like this onto me with no warning.

I wouldn't let this go without a valid explanation.

And there was no way in hell that I would ever marry Devin Montgomery.

I heard a soft command to come inside.

I stepped inside the room and instantly regretted it. Devin was sprawled half-naked on the bed, the other half-covered with a comforter looking like some rare painting hanging in a museum. He had two completely naked women on either side of the massive bed. On his right was a brunette with hair so curly and unruly, it looked like a bird's nest. The woman on his left was a blonde, both of them exceptionally beautiful with curvy bodies. They could have been models or some actresses from Hollywood.

Either way, I didn't care. I was too appalled for words. On many occasions, I'd seen women come and leave the estate as they wished, and I'd been a curious onlooker, wondering if they were Devin's business associates or perhaps some friends. Never had I imagined it was something of this nature.

Not that it was any of my business to be nosy where Devin was concerned, but it was quite clear that this wasn't a onetime thing; it was part of his leisurely routine.

"Good Morning, Millie. What a pleasant surprise, darling. Care to join the party? We have room for one more." He said sheepishly in a lazy drawl, and the insolent bastard had the gall to smirk at me while doing that.

I ignored his teasing and slammed the box on the dresser. "I'm sorry to intrude, Devin. Perhaps I'll come back at another time when you're fully dressed and without company."

He chuckled, "Don't be so formal now, my dear, not when we are about to be family soon."

Anger was bubbling inside my blood like a volcanic eruption. "Can I speak to you for a moment?"

The girls took that as a signal to pick up their discarded clothing from the floor and some draped on the rich looking gold-rimmed chaise by the open doors to the balcony. They didn't seem to mind their nudity in my presence, as if walking around naked in front of strangers was as common as serving guests their coffee.

When the girls were completely dressed, they each kissed Devin on his cheek and he, in return, whispered something in their ears that made them giggle, obviously something raunchy that I didn't even wish to listen to.

"Will see you soon, my loves. Help yourselves to breakfast downstairs." He drawled, and that earned him flying kisses.

"We will." The two said in unison.

I rolled my eyes.

The girls smiled and greeted me before leaving the room and shutting the door behind me.

Devin was still sprawled on the bed between those disgustingly expensive-looking navy blue silk bed sheets. He looked everything like an aristocratic debauched lord of the manor that liked to dabble in liquor and women.

He rang for a maid who came scurrying into the room within minutes of being summoned and wheeled in a breakfast fit for a king.

Must be nice to be so stinkingly wealthy, you could even hire people to keep your slippers by your feet.