Chapter VII

Olivia's POV

Loud.

After Anna worked her magic on the bouncer to convince him to let us in, he stepped aside while unlocking the velvet ropes of the stanchion, allowing us access, and we squealed in excitement, and we quickly dived inside, thanking him until we disappeared from his sight

Inside, the walls of dark hallway leading to the open dance floor covered with red, blue and light LED lights were already bouncing from the loud sound emitted from the loudspeakers. The ground was fully packed with glistening bodies, dancing away the night.

"Are you ready to get wasted?", Anna smirked at me and I gave a quick thumbs up before we entwined our hands together and pushed our way through the crowd to get to the bar, where we got a couple of drinks, accompanied by shots before hitting the dance floor

"Don't you dare disappear on me Anna. We came here together, we're leaving here together", I warned against her ear and she giggled.

"Relax", she laughed. "Tonight it's just me and you", she spun me around before pulling me closer to her, and we danced alongside each other. We got too carried away by doing our own signature sexy moves, I lost my balance and ended up crashing into someone. I felt a pair of hands wrap around me, bringing me back to my balance.

"I'm so sorry", I held on to his arms before withdrawing from him and fixed my eyes on the floor. "I lost my footing there for a second. I'm really sorry-"

"Olivia?", hearing my name from his lips made me look up again, finding his lips already curved up in a smile. His face looked so familiar.

"Kevin?", I quirked a brow, and he gave a nod. My goodness, he looked so good. Kevin is the guy Tristan was trying to pair me with throughout my high school years, especially in senior year after he ditched me to go to prom with Mellisa.

"You look great", he groped me in a bear hug

"You look good too man", I remarked as we broke away from the hug. "I nearly didn't recognize you there for a second", I joked, and he laughed. We heard Anna clear her throat awkwardly behind us.

"This is my friend, Anna", I pulled her close to me. "Anna this is Kevin, we went to high school together", they shook hands as I introduced them together.

"Nice to meet you"

"Likewise", Kevin broke their contact before snickering a laugh. "You two are friends?", Anna and I exchanged looks, with our brows rose in confusion.

"There was the two of you were dancing, I thought you were something more", he wiggled his eyebrows, and we laughed out loud when we realized what we meant

"We're just friends", Anna replied after our laugh

"Well then great", he did that nodding with the face thing. "Would you two ladies love to join us at our table?"

"Where?", Anna seemed definitely interested

"At the far corner upstairs in the VIP lounge", he added, and I was about to decline his offer but Anna quickly interjected

"We would love to", I was about to open my mouth to speak, but she threw me a quick warning glare, before narrowing her eyes threateningly, I swallowed my protest back

"Sure", I forced a smile and Kevin smiled before he took is us both by the hand and lead us through the crowd

When we reached the top of the staircase, Anna squealed excitedly as she hip bumped me. "I've always wanted to come up here", she pointed a finger at me warningly. "And you nearly ruined that for me, meathead"