CHAPTER-5

-PENELOPE'S POV-

FINALLY! it's dinner time. Today was quite eventful. 

Sighing, I entered the Great Hall, adjusting the strap of the bag on my shoulder.

I walked towards the Hufflepuff table, only to be tackled by my two best friends.

"Woah!" we said synchronically yet again, tearing from the hug. We all burst out laughing.

oh How much I love these two blob heads

"we're weird," Aria said trying to calm down, but failing miserably.

"Goodness gracious," I replied still wheezing.

"Talk about a bunch of weird potatoes," Wanda said.

"that's an interesting way to put it," I remarked.

" um, sorry to break this adorable moment, but I'm STARVING!" Wanda said rubbing her belly dramatically. I chuckled, "Me too Wanda. me too", I placed my arms around her shoulder and hers around mine.

We both skipped off to the great hall, singing, "Wanda and Penelope go round the great hall,

round the great hall,

Wanda and Penelope go round the great hall,

hungry and starving."

Aria shook her head and chuckled at our antics," I am gonna pretend I don't know of your existence".

"You can't do that," Wanda said smirking.

"Oh honey, I sure can," Aria said, taking a seat across from me. While Wanda sat on her left.

"Sureeeeeeeeee," I said rolling my eyes. I've been doing that a lot lately.

"whatever helps your brain cells tingle," I said filling my plate with the mouth-watering food around me.

Wanda choked on her pumpkin juice, while Aria rubbed her back, laughing.

"How do you even create such... weirdly interesting phrases"

" I'm smart babe," I said shoving delicious food in my mouth.

"Whatever helps your brain cells tingle," said the girl beside me. we all burst out laughing.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I scrunched my eyebrows and turned around, only to face Evans.

"hey," she waved shyly.

I stood up to greet her.

" Hey, Lily," I said

"Is everything all right ?" I asked.

I and Lily weren't really close friends. But less than besties, more than acquaintances.

"I just wanted to thank you for helping Severus yesterday. And I apologize for his actions today. I'm really sorry." she said, looking down.

She's such a sweetie. I engulfed her in a hug. Yes, I'm a hugger. 

"Oh, Lily. It's not your place to apologize. It should have been him. Don't worry about it. Let bygones be bygones." I said softly.

She hugged back tighter.

"Ahm. Well hello, ladies." came a voice, disturbing a sweet moment. Ah. It was Potter. Hands shoved inside his robe pocket.

I released Lily from the hug and gave Potter a grin. Which he gladly returned.

"What do you want Potter," Lily asked, with a frown replacing the smile.

"Go out with me Lily flower," James said with a smirk yet hopeful eyes. If you ask me. This was really cute. Or maybe it's just me being the Hufflepuff I am.

She has him swept off his feet.

"Never in a million years! Leave me alone for once would ya!" she pointed a finger at him, "You're nothing but a big-headed egoistical toe-rag!"

"But lily-"

"That's enough potter. It's a no from me. End of the conversation." saying this, she stormed off to the Gryffindor table.

ouch, that might have hurt.

"Better luck next time Potter" I turned to face Potter. His eyes were..... glossy?

"Potter...  Wanna talk about it?" I said in a concerned tone, gently touching his shoulder.

Before I could retreat my hand, he took hold of my wrists and yanked me to the Black lake. what the fuck is wrong with this kid.

 HE NEEDS JESUS.

 But I have to admit, what Lily said was indeed harsh.

"Don't worry Potter. Lily will eventually come around."

He kept walking, without uttering a word.

Wow, I made a fool of myself by speaking. Wish the earth would swallow me whole right now.

He suddenly halted in his steps, causing me to run into his back.

OW! MY FUcKING NOSE! I rubbed my nose with my free hand. No wonder he's strong.

"let's talk clearwater", He said, letting go of my wrists.

He sighed and sat adjusting his back on the tree trunk facing the lake.

He patted the space beside him. I obliged and took a seat beside him.

I placed a hand firmly on his shoulder, gently caressing it with my thumb.

"Rant it out Potter, it helps," I said facing away from him and looking at the black like.

I could feel him trying to stifle his sobs.

I placed an arm around his shoulders while he sobbed uncontrollably on my shoulder. I patted his head with my other hand. 

WELLLLLLLLL! I'm not very motivated to update. but there you go.

With love,

your author

XOXO