Chapter 10

Conversation with: Naomi

OPHELIA
hey
ik it's late
but can I come over
its important

HARLEY QUINN🦸‍♀️
yeah ofc
what's wrong

OPHELIA
ill explain when i get there

HARLEY QUINN🦸‍♀️
ok

REAL LIFE

Naomi heard a knock on her door and immediately went to open it, knowing it was Ophelia. Ophelia walked in, with her phone in her hand, wearing a red thunderbird hoodie and matching red sweats. 

" Hey, what's wrong? You sounded off over text." Naomi asked, sitting down. Ophelia followed her, taking off her slippers and flopping down on the bed.

" I'm moving." 

" WHAT?" Naomi exclaimed, not caring about her other sleepy dorm mates.

" Yeah. I just found out. My parents got a promotion for their jobs. The only catch is that they're moving to London. MASCAU said that they need more people in international waters to help out." Ophelia sighed, running her hands through her hair. 

" You can still go to school here though right?" Naomi asked, now in a softer voice. " I can't imagine school without you." 

" I tried to reason with my parents, but," Ophelia started, tears threatening to pour out. " But they said that they want me to be closer to them, which makes sense I guess. It just sucks, especially in the middle of the school year." 

" No, no, no, there's gotta be some way we can convince your parents." 

" Trust me, I've tried. I've tried annoying them, reasoning, I even made a whole powerpoint within five minutes." 

" So where are you going to go?"

" Hogwarts. You know, the one in Scotland. At least I'll have Albus Dumbledore as my headmaster. Plus, Harry Potter goes to school there. I'm basically going to go to school with a celebrity." Ophelia responded, trying to make light of the situation.

" Well, that's a plus. Oh my Merlin! Cedric and Luca go to boarding school in Scotland too!" Naomi realized. 

" Oh yeah! I'll make sure to tell Cedric. I'll just have to make up some random name for the school." Ophelia brightened up a bit. " But I've only known him for a few weeks. And over text too. He's a sweetheart but, I'd rather be at here with you and everyone. I'll miss you so much, Mi." 

" I know. I really don't know how I'm going to go through my fifth year without you. When are you leaving?" 

" After Christmas break..." Ophelia trailed off. 

" So soon? There's only two weeks until Christmas break! You've got to be shitting me." Naomi protested. 

" I know. I convinced my parents to let us spend Christmas together if your parents will let you. Gotta make the best out of our time together. I'll come visit every holiday, I promise." Ophelia said. She couldn't believe she was moving, after five years of studying at Ilvermorny. She was going to miss the school a lot. It has been her home since her first year, and to not see Naomi, her sister more than friend, especially for the O.W.L.S. examination, and she had just made the Thunderbird quidditch team too! It was just too much for her to handle right now.

" You better," Naomi joked, tears running down her face. " Call me everyday too, promise?"

" Of course," Ophelia choked out in a sob. " I just hope I'll like Hogwarts. This will always be my home though." 

" I'm sure everyone there is real nice. Let's stop crying and go to bed. You can sleep here tonight. I'm spending every waking moment of your time in Ilvermorny. No crying or feeling sad until you leave for Hogwarts." Naomi wiped away hers and Ophelia's tears. 

Ophelia laughed, getting under the turquoise and gold sheets. " Goodnight mi, thanks for always being there for me."

So Ophelia's moving to Hogwarts! Can't wait for Cedric to find out that she's actually a witch too ;) I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!