Chapter 30

Sana stares blankly at Sid on being asked why she had lied. She has no idea how will she manage this time. She is scared of his reactions. Sid has started to open up to her lately, she can't mess it up now. After a thought, she decides something and with a serious face, she comes and stands behind Sid. Sid is taking out flour from the container to make dinner. He is about to place the container in the shelf when Sana standing right behind him hugs him. He says," What are you doing? Move can't you see I am working?" Sana hugs Sid even tighter and says," I am sorry. I didn't mean to lie to you. I wanted to spend some time with you so I lied. I did not want to go there. Please maaf kardo.(forgive me).please.. please please." Sid tries to free himself but he is unable to do so as he is holding the container with one hand and the other one is messy. He says,"Arey leave na Sana..what is this?" Sana with all her strength holds on to him and says,"Pehle maaf karo phir chodungi..( First forgive me then I will leave you)" Sid says," Fine. I forgive you." Sana smiles and releases him. Sid turns and Sana in the excitement of being forgiven jumps and her hand hits the bottom of the container. As a result the container falls down with the flour scattering over Sid.

Sana's first reaction is a loud laugh seeing the flour covered Siddy boy. But soon she controls her laugh as she can see the anger meter of Sid rising high. Sid opens his eyes and shakes his head to dust away the flour. He stares at Sana who inspite of trying her best to control her laugh is failing miserably. She says," Handsome hunk se safed bhoot lag rahe ho.." And she starts to laugh. Sid picks up the rest flour and says,"What did you say? Bhoot? Wait." Sana biting her lips says," Nahi..amma na..mumma.." and runs out of the kitchen. Sid runs after him and puts the rest flour over her head. Sid starts to laugh looking at her. Sana start her tearless cry," I didn't do it knowly but you.. amma.. kitne bada papi ho.." Sid asks," What did you say again? Wait abhi atte ke saath saath lal mirchi bhi udel dunga.(I will pour red chilly powder now on you along with flour.)" He goes inside the kitchen and Sana cries," No please no..Sorry sorry..I won't say again.." Sid peeps from the kitchen and starts laughing even louder this time.

Sana finds Sid laughing, rushes inside the kitchen again. She finds turmeric in one container and takes a handful and throws at Sid. It falls on his cheek. Sid looks at her and takes the container and pours the entire content on Sana. Sana screams and then they start playing holi with the kitchen ingredients. Salt, spicies, everything they lay their hands on are being thrown at each other. Finally Sana picks up a small bottle of oil and before Sid could stop her, throws it on him. Sana starts to laugh and takes a step ahead. Her foot falls on the oil and she looses her balance. She falls on Sid who holds her from her waist. Sid falls backwards with Sana on his chest. And her lips brush up with his. For a moment, they stop laughing and look in each other's eyes. A moment goes by in silence as their eyes remain glued to each other, Sid looks away breaking the moment and tries to get up. Unable to do so, they sit down on the floor.

Sid running his hand through his hair says," Ek hafte ka rasan gaya bardad. (Groceries for a week now destroyed)It's all your fault. You really don't value money right." Sana says," Haw! Abb sab kuch meri galti wah! You also are equally responsible for this mess, this wastage. Hun.." Sid replies,"You started it. For you the flour first fell on me and who threw the turmeric?" Sana says," Flour was a mistake but you did it deliberately. I threw only a handful of turmeric powder but you threw the entire quantity. Uska kya?" Sid dusting the powder from his hair says,"If you set the bar, I will always raise it high." Sana puts her hand on Sid's shoulder and gets up saying, "Uff..so much attitude..aur yeh bar war mujhe kuch samajh nahi aya.(I don't get this bar war thing) Where is it set? Hun?" Sid shakes his head and says,"Sorry I had forgotten how intelligent you are. Everything is my fault. Okay. Happy. Now get me that broom. We need to clean this mess."

Dinner was now not possible to make as they had to clean themselves as well as the house. By the end of the Safai Abhiyan(cleaning mission), both Sid and Sana sit down on the sofa tired. Sid asks," What about dinner?" Sana replies," Aap ho cook, aap hi jano.( You are the cook, you must know)" Sid gives her an angry stare and Sana says,"Sorry Mr.Angry Man of this house." Sid looks at her and asks,"What you always give me names? I am talking nicely with you that does not mean, you will call me just anything. Cook,papi, angry man..God.." She whispers to herself," Ajeeb hai yaar, kabhi hasta hai, kabhi gussa karta hai.( He is strange, sometimes laughing, sometimes angry) I really don't get him." Sid still looking her and asks, "What? What are you mumbling?" Sana biting her tongue says," Nothing husband. I think I can call you that? Well I have one brilliant idea regarding dinner." Sid says,"If the idea is sensible then say, otherwise keep quite." Sana makes a face and says,"I am always sensible and so are my ideas." Sid replies,"Yeah right. Mahan Sana ke mahan ideas. Write a book with this title." Sana laughs and says,"Okay okay, now listen. Let's order something online. Today your choice." Sid looks at her and says," This is your brilliant idea? Wow! I am amazed..okay I don't know all these online things. You order but ." Sana completes his sentence,"You will pay, I know.."