17. TOLD YOU SO

| CHAPTER SEVENTEEN |

TOLD YOU SO.

SO IT TURNED OUT THAT Sirius Black had been hiding away in Hogwarts; the Shrieking Shack, more specifically. Natasha really had to refrain herself from just saying 'I told you so' whenever she heard someone talking about it. A task that was extremely hard for the blonde Hufflepuff. He apparently was imprisoned in some sort of cell at Hogwarts (she didn't even know they had those) before escaping the very same night. The good news was that Buckbeak (Hagrid's Hippogriff) also disappeared into think air, meaning he wouldn't be beheaded for Draco Malfoy's stupid mistakes. That, Natasha was glad about. She saw just how devastated the friendly half-giant was about the upcoming death of one of his magical creatures whenever she went round to his hut.

The end of year exams seemed to arrive before she could even blink. Luckily for her though, they also passed just as quickly, meaning (unlike a lot of the older students) Natasha wasn't walking from the library to the common room for weeks beforehand, sweating profusely as they cried about the possibility of failing. Sure, she was smart but she certainly wasn't the smartest student at Hogwarts and that was fine by her. 

Nicole Fields always told her daughter that brains don't get you anywhere, so from a young age, Natasha focused purely on her looks rather than her education. So, when people spotted the blonde in the library a week before the exams they were more than puzzled. However, she wasn't there to study, no thank you, instead she was there to annoy her friends who were having a little 'study party' (as Rosie liked to call it, Natasha, though, kept repeating that if there's no alcohol then it's not a party) with Cedric and Theo. 

She wasn't even looking forwards to getting her results like most people were.  She also wasn't looking forward for the summer break like everyone else seemed to be. Instead, the only thing she seemed happy about was the fact that Hufflepuff won the Quidditch Cup that year. For the first time in about ten years. It was truly, a time for celebration for the badgers and Natasha certainly didn't spoil that by studying or worrying about home.

However, when it finally came time to board the train, her mood turned foul and everyone noticed. As she looked out the window, watching a her real home got further and further away a knock suddenly came from the compartment door stopping Rosie and Grace's conversation whilst catching Nat's attention.

"Hi," Cedric Diggory smiled politely, "Can I talk to you for a sec?" He asked, his eyes focused purely on the blonde. 

She nodded her head, ignoring her friend's winks and 'ooohs' as she followed the older boy out of the compartment. She could feel her heart rate speeding up but that was just the coffee right? 

"What are you doing during the summer holiday?" He asked politely, scratching the back of his neck.

That was one of her most dreaded questions, "Oh, erm... Not much, really," She shrugged, trying to be as discreet as she could about the fact that she literally had no life outside of Hogwarts.

"Well, uh, my dad got some tickets for the Quidditch World Cup, and my mum isn't into sport so they'll be an extra one if you want to come with us?"

Her eyes widened. He was asking her? Why? She felt her heart still racing violently in her chest as her palms and back suddenly got sweaty. She had no doubts in her mind that her cheeks had also flushed.

"Only if you want to," He suddenly said, "Obviously."

"I'd love to," Natasha told him before she even had time to think. A wide grin spread across her lips as she watched Cedric's face lighting up. He looked kind of cute when he smiled. Her eyes widened at the thought and she shook her head, as if that would shake it out.

"Okay, awesome, we'll pick you up then, yeah? Is Floo Powder okay?"

She bit her lip, a wave of embarrassment washing over her, "Erm..actually, we don't have that," She confessed, looking down at her shoes.

The statement didn't bother Cedric, in fact his grin widened "That's perfect because I hate Floo Powder. We'll just apparate then, I think."

"Sounds good."

He nodded before sending her a quick wink, "See you then, Fields."

Natasha felt as if she was frozen in her spot. Her cheeks were most definitely the colour of the Weasley's hair and a stupid grin was now etched upon her face. What the hell was happening to her!?