Chapter Twenty One- Energy

They made camp under the stars, the calming rush of a small stream lulling them to their dreams.

Eboni lay awake, facing the fire that warmed her as the chill of the night set in.

She caught Atu's eye and he smiled sleepily before propping himself up onto his elbows.

"Do you feel it here?" he asked quietly so not to wake the others.

"Feel what?" She replied.

"The weight of the world lifting off your shoulders." He took a deep breath before turning back to stare at the night sky.

Eboni followed his lead, staring at the stars she realised he was right, her body felt tired but her mind alight and happy, her soul light. All of the tension from her body she had carried around for the past week had disappeared.

"I feel it." She whispered. "Why do you think we feel better?"

"It's this place. It thrums with pure energy, the grass is green, the water pure, the earth is fertile and the people are happy and trusting." He sighed, content.

"Everyone has been so happy since we arrived. It was good to hear laughter. Our journey has little cause for laughter."

"When this is all over we will have forever to fill with love and laughter."

"I look forward to it." She smiled closing her eyes.

"Good night Eboni." Atu said, yawning.

"Good night."

The morning dew on the grass danced with the sunlight. Ambling through the purple grasses and passing by small streams they made their way towards a plume of grey smoke, rising from the other side of the mountain.

A small village came into view consisting of small stone cottages thatched with dried purple grass. Flowers bloomed and trees brimmed with ample fruits. Large squares of dark, life rich soil, were dotted around, food growing in neat lines.

They came to a stop outside the first cottage and knocked on the wooden door. It swung open to reveal a small woman with flame red hair. She froze as her eyes landed on the group in front of her.

"Good morning ma'am. I was wondering if you could perhaps help us please?" Orlan asked stepping forward.

"Oh! Goodness! Come in, please do come in. I will brew some herbs for you- you must have walked forever to reach here!" She pulled them all inside and waved for them to have a seat around a large table next to a shocked man and small girl- both with equally vibrant flame red hair.

"Good morning." Eboni said, followed by the rest of her traveling companions as they sat down, not quite sure how to react to the sudden thrust of hospitality.

"So, where are you all from? We don't get many visitors here, do we Gleb? Don't know why. Herbs?"

"Yum, yes please." Eboni said taking a small cup of steaming herb infused waters from the struggling hands of their host.

"My name is Sister Eboni, from God's Land, that is Brother Bren, Princess Iasa and her guard Sir Orlan of Rolezal and this is Atu, Chief of Sher- Woods and his brother Kas."

"No not many visitors at all Mabel." The man- Gleb- said after staring in silence at the people who had just come into their home, swigging down his water in one swift gulp. "Why- by the name of Elementi- are you here?"

"It is in the name of Elementi that we are here." Atu replied. "We seek someone, and have been told we can find them here."

"Drink up! Then tell us everything, we'll see if we can help you." Mabel sat down and smiled sipping on her water, keeping a keen eye on each of them.