Chapter VIII

Olivia's POV

High.

At the beginning, it almost felt like every organ inside me was starting to shut down, most especially my lungs because I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. I closed my eyes shut, feeling like I was going to die at any given second because it was like all the oxygen in the air was absorbed by some sort of vacuum in the universe deriving me of the oxygen I desperately needed to stay alive.

Then, in the blink of an eye, the world suddenly went quite, and before I even knew it, I could breathe again, inhaling all the life back into my lungs

The euphoria was slowly starting to kick in, and it felt incredible. I genuinely felt good to be in my shoes right now, at peace and deeply relaxed. Everything I felt and desperately wanted to forget vanished completely.

....and then there it was, the sense of indescribable joy. I just knew, I wouldn't trade nothing in exchange for this moment.

My vision started to get a bit blurrier, seeing every other thing and everyone moved slower around me. I felt my limps instantly moving to the song playing from the loudspeakers, each sound resonating deeply into my soul, in motion with my heartbeat while I adjusted my eyes to the sudden bright light appearing in the room out of nowhere.

.....but then it didn't matter, nothing did

“Liv”, I heard Anna's voice disorient
around me and I turned my head to see she was just standing next to me. I felt this extreme urge to burst into laughter...and I did for absolutely no reason as I entwined our fingers together, and we moved to the center of the dance floor. I've never felt this energized in weeks as there was this increased electrical activity in my already burning muscles, I felt like I could do anything I fucking wanted and manage to get away with it because I may not remember anything the next morning.

“I'm going to the restroom”, I think I heard Anna say to me, but I was still lost in the distortion suddenly happening around me and I couldn't really explain in words what was actually happening. I turned to notice she was nowhere near me and I just stood there, not even sure what the heck I'm going to do now without her.

A new song started playing, and I started to move to the rhythm, feeling this sudden appreciation for the music, enjoying the pleasurable sensation of waving my hands in the air like I just didn't care. Just when I was about to retire from the dance floor and go look for Anna so that we can leave, I felt a pair of hands rest firmly on my hips, triggering goosebumps to spread all over my body and the person started dancing with me, reciprocating my moves when I began to move my hips in circular motion against him, moving to the rhythm of the song.

The DJ now added a new song to the mix, a slower beat. The crowd went wild for a second before the sound of the beat resonated loudly around the room. The guy I was dancing with, and I started grinding slower and sexier against each other, accommodating the new beat. I felt him pulling me closer to him before I leaned forward and turned my face to look at him. The LED lights circling around the room reflected his clear amber light brown eyes. We locked eyes for a second before he turned me around to face him. His hands travelled up my body to wrap my arms around his neck, with me almost meeting his height even though I was wearing high heels. His hands rested firmly on my hips again, and we continued dancing.

“You're pretty good at this”, his lips spread into an even brighter smile, what I assumed must have been his signature smile to woo the ladies, revealing his pearly white, and I realized he had quite the remarkable features, finding myself instantly drawn to that and to the sound of his voice

Damn, it was so deep.

“Hi”, I giggled as I trailed my finger on his sharp jawline. “Oh my God, you're so cute”