It's gonna be alright (Doyoung)

Two lines.

Those two lines could mean bliss for some people and dread for others. Y/N was somewhere in between. She was quite certain that she was not unhappy about it. The only thing concerning her was 'why now?'

The sound of the front door opening pulled her out of her thoughts. She quickly hid the evidence before coming out of the bathroom. Doyoung entered their bedroom and the first thing he did was embrace her tightly. But it was nothing compared to the tightness in her throat, burdened by unspoken words.

"I missed you," he whispered into her hair.

"You've only been gone for a few hours."

"Ouch. Good to know that the only person I think about doesn't miss me."

I had other things on my mind today. "Of course I missed you too, babe." Y/N patted his back. "Did you eat dinner?"

"Yes."

Y/N stepped back, "Alright, then, go freshen up."

"Yes, ma'am," he smiled sweetly at her before going to the bathroom to shower.

Y/N made herself comfortable on the bed but realized that she would never be comfortable unless she spoke her truth. She'd tell him now. There was no escaping it.

So when the two of them curled up together to watch a drama, Y/N decided to speak up. "Doyoung, there's something I need to tell you."

There must've been something in her voice that made Doyoung cup her face. "What's wrong, baby? Why do you look so scared?"

"I... Doyoung, I'm... pregnant." She held her breath, waiting for the frozen mask on his face to break.

The warmth of Doyoung's hands disappeared as he leaned away from her. Y/N felt fingers grasping her heart, ready to crush it. No, this isn't how it was supposed to be. She didn't want to lose Doyoung.

"You're pregnant," he repeated, without any emotion in his voice.

It's going to be okay, she wanted to say. We can make good parents. But fear leached all the strength from her and no words would leave her lips. She had already made up her mind. Regardless of what Doyoung chose, Y/N had chosen the baby.

The silence broke when Doyoung spoke up, "that's not what we had planned," he said, each word was a stab to her heart. "But, it's okay. We'll keep the baby if that's what you want too," he smiled at her. She felt so relieved that tears welled up in her eyes. He said we'll, not you will.

"We will?" She asked, just to be sure.

Doyoung leaned in to hug her, even tighter than the hug he'd given her earlier. "Of course, it's our child." Y/N melted into the embrace. "We'll have to get married quickly too." What?

Y/N broke away. "Did you say we'll have to get married?"

Doyoung looked confused. "Yes. Why? You don't want to marry me?"

"Of course I want to. But do you?" If it was possible, Doyoung looked even more perplexed than before. Why didn't he get it?

"What do you mean?"

"You're marrying me because of the baby," she said. "You wouldn't marry me if I weren't pregnant. You're marrying me because you have to."

His confused look was replaced by one of understanding. He shook his head. "It isn't like that, Y/N. I'd want us to get married regardless of your pregnancy."

"We've been together so many years now but the subject of marriage has never come up, not even once. How am I supposed to believe-"

"Is it so difficult to believe that I love you? Have I never... never made you feel loved?"

"Do you love me enough to marry me?"

Doyoung didn't answer. He held his head as if a massive headache had seized him. "Unbelievable," he muttered under his breath but Y/N heard him. Then he straightened himself. "I can't believe it has come to this." He got up from the bed and walked towards the wardrobe. He slid open the door and opened the drawer. "I didn't want it to be this way," he said, his back was to Y/N. Doyoung took something out of the drawer, "but you leave me no choice."

I knew it, Y/N thought. It was too good to be true anyway. She had known from the beginning, that's why she'd been so afraid. The two of them were too young for a baby and they even had their careers to look after. Their baby had no place in Doyoung's idol life.

He walked around the bed, towards Y/N. He didn't look angry like she had expected but looked amused. "Only you, Y/N," he said with a smile and sat down next to her. He pulled out the object from behind. It was a velvet box. As he opened it, Y/N saw the most beautiful ring. He wasn't going to-?

"I was already planning on proposing to you," he said sheepishly. "But I was afraid, I still had my doubts since we had never spoken about marriage in all the years we've been together. I was planning on proceeding cautiously. But most importantly, I didn't plan on proposing to you like this." He gestured towards their surrounding. "I was thinking about taking you to a nice date and then getting down on one knee... but I guess fate made my decision for me."

Y/N had been rendered speechless. Tears were flowing freely down her face. How stupid was she to doubt Doyoung? He had been nothing but sincere to her since the beginning of their relationship. She wiped furiously at her face. "I'm so sorry," she whispered between sobs.

Doyoung rubbed her arms, "it's alright, babe." He kissed the top of her head. "It's gonna be alright."

"I love you, Doyoung."

"I love you too, Y/N. And... should I take it as a yes?"

"Yes."

xxx

It's been so long since I uploaded a new chapter. Thank you everyone who waited!

Also, let me know your thoughts on this chapter!

Question: Do any of you read any Webtoons? Which are your top ones?