Interview with Thewritingpaw236

Interview with 

Author of A Court Of Blood And Shadow, first place Fanfiction

What inspired you to write the plot of A Court Of Shadow And Blood and how did you shape Eblis to fit into the ACOTAR world?

I wrote ACOBAS for the same reason just about everyone writes fanfictions - it's one of my favorite series and I found places where novella's could bloom! Shaping Eblis into the world was about as hard as you could expect. As Rhysand's sister, she has to retain things that practically shout 'Rhysand!' while also being her own person.

What was the hardest part of the story to write and why? How did you overcome it?

The hardest part is still ongoing - the characters. I find myself scrapping chapters all the time when I find that the characters don't seem to be...in character. Sometimes I will reread ACOTAR or the several pages of notes I'd taken, while also just trying to remember their personas. Would Cassian say this or just smirk? is a common question

Do you have any advice you'd like to share for writers in the fanfiction genre?

All fanfic writers out there are writing because they tremendously enjoyed the book they are writing about enough to try and enter that world via their own typing. The only advice I could give anyone doing this is to enjoy what you're writing, and try not to worry about being up to par with the actual author. Every person has their own style, and you can see it in the shaping of sentences and just the way the plot fills out.