Rex

It was stupid and I knew it, but I couldn't help but to curl up into a ball and cry. I had known he hated me since we met, but I thought I could change his mind.

Earlier

"He doesn't hate you." Fives said as we walked into the cafeteria.

"Oh but he does." I said as I grabbed a drink and sandwich.

"Not. He does not." He said as he shook his head and we set down.

"Who doesn't?" Echo asked as he looked at us.

"Rex, doesn't hate her." Fives said calmly.

"Yes he does."

"No he doesn't matter a fact he-"

Fives quickly elbowed Echo and I let out a sigh.

"What are you three doing? We have training." A deep voice said.

I turned my head and saw Rex. He had his arms crossed and a frown on his face.

"What does it look like we are doing? We are eating." I said sternly.

"I want you in the training room in five." He ordered as he turned and walked away.

"Hates me." I whispered as we continued to eat.

"Hates all of us." Fives said with a groan.

We soon arrived in the training room and was put through the hardest training session. After an hour and a half I nearly passed out from exhaustion.

"You okay?" Fives asked softly.

"So tired." I groaned out.

"Alright you are to be back in a hour... everyone except (Y/n)." Rex ordered.

I let out a sigh and quickly sprinted to my room, to where I am now, crying under my covers.

I heard my door open and kept hidden, knowing it was Fives or Echo.

"Go away! I told you he hates me!" I yelled angrily.

I heard nothing and let out a sob.

"I told you and you said no Rex doesn't, but he does... he hates me." I said as tears streamed down my face.

"I'm sorry." A gentle voice said.

My head shot up and I turned to see Rex, who had a tear streaming down his face. I set up and held my breath.

"I am so sorry. I... I never wanted you to think I hated you." He said as he walked up to me.

I looked away and he let out a sigh and set on the edge of my bed.

"I'm so hard on you because I care.... a lot. The thought of you getting hurt destroys me."

"Then why have me not return to training?"

"Because I know you aren't built for it. You can only take so much and I don't want to over work you." He explained.

"Why are you so cruel then?"

"Because I get nervous... I've never felt like this before.... I've never been in love."

"You love me?"

"Yes, I do." He said softly.

"I love you too." I said with a gentle smile.

He leaned forward and I smiled as I went to kiss him.

"Told you we should of just told them!"

"Shut up Echo!"

I let out a sigh and shook my head as Rex left to deal with both of them, but not before pecking my lips.