Chapter One

Life has always been mean to me. I guess Tracy - a bitch from my ex-pack- was right when she said i was a big load of bad luck. And that was why I always got my happiness snatched away from me.

I became an orphan at the age of 13. Before that life was the best. My parents loved each other and together they showered me with so much love. There was never a day Amelia Banks wasn't given the best of the best.

My dad was a warrior at my ex-pack, the Rivers pack. He was a strong warrior being that he came from a lineage of warrior wolves. His death was an ice chilling stab in the heart. I can still remember the day his dead body was brought back and burnt in front of my mother and I. It was a law to always set dead pack members on fire as a way of laying them to rest. After burning, the ashes were gathered and given to the family members to do as they please.

He died a honorable death, protecting his pack from an enemy attack. It was a war the Rivers pack won but at the cost of so many warriors.

My mother followed 4weeks later. She remained mute after my father's dead refusing to talk to anyone. Not even to me her precious daughter. She barely ate and never went out. I tired to get her to come out or even talk to me. I knew she was grieving but I was grieving too.

The day she finally talked to me I thought the sun had finally come back to my life. I didn't realize it was going to be our last conversation.
"Honey i love you so much you know that right?"she asked me smiling

"Yes mum i know you love me the best"

I felt relief wash over me because that was the first time she smiled since my father died.

"And you know i also love your father right?"

"I know mum"

"Amelia,  i cant stay here anymore. I've my baby girl but i cant take it anymore. I'm leaving "

"Mum no mum please don't leave me"

"You don't know how much i've been forcing myself. I cant hold on anymore" that was when i finally noticed the knife in her hand. Before i could do anything to stop, she hurriedly stabbed herself in the chest, directly over her heart. She had done that cause she knew it would be a sure death for her.

I was stunned. My mother had chosen my dead father over me. She would rather be with him in death than to stay with me, their only daughter. How did she expect me to survive? She was so selfish to leave and to make matters worse, she had to kill herslef right in front of me. Was that something you would do to the daughter you claim to love?

I had to grow up in the packs orphanage surrounded by cheerful faces of children who drew me out of the trauma I was dying in. Life was good. Though i didn't have anyone my age at the orphange, i was happy because of the children. The other young pack memebers stayed away from me as rumors spread that i was nothing but bad luck. Anytime they saw me approaching they would run away like i was the devil himself. The only time they tolerated it was when we were at school. That was only because they didn't want to anger the teachers.

You might be wondering why I ended up becoming a rogue. Well I'm getting there.

I've been a rogue for the past three years since my lovely alpha mate decided to kick me out of our pack.

We usually identify our mates when we reach the age of 20. I had always had an attraction towards Ryan but i knew there was no way we would be together. He never once even looked at me. He was in love with Beth. One of the pack warriors who had been training since she was just a pup. He believed he needed a strong woman by his side. He didn't see my as anything but a weak little pack doctor. The warrior blood i had in me was for waste because I hated violence so I refused to become a warrior. I know my ancestors would be disappointed in me but I was happy taking care of sick and injured pack members.

3 months before my 20th birthday just happened to be Ryan's birthday as well. The whole pack was in a celebration mood because our Alpha decided to retire early and give way for his son Ryan. I was happy too because I thought I was finally going to find my mate. I was happy because I thought I would finally get to start a family of my own.

But bad luck came after me again. 

The day of the big party arrived. The Alpha stepped down and handed the mantle over to his son. Everything was going well until Ryan's eye collided with mine during the party. I was on my way to congratulate him for becoming the alpha when our eyes collided. His sweet divine smell hit me suddenly. I was happy but scared at the same time because Beth was right next to him.

Before I could say anything he opened his fucking mouth and said the most hurtful words 'I Alpha Ryan Carter reject you Amelia Banks as my mate and Luna. I do not need a weak female beside me. I want a strong woman who will stand as my equal and bear me strong pups. Beth will forever be my Luna'

Everywhere was silent. There was nothing i could do but accept his rejection. His parents were not happy and disagreed. They tried to talk to him out of it but he didn't change his mind. Beth looked at me mockingly like she had won the whole world. Some people looked at me with pity while others laughed at my situation. I ran from the hall that day and began my mission to avoid him. Our bond faded immediately after i accepted the rejection so it wasn't so bad

On the day of my birthday, Beth announced she was pregnant. Ryan was so happy he told her to request for anything at their celebration dinner.

'I want you to banish Amelia Banks.' And then she began sobbing 'staying here she's nothung but a danger to my pup and i. And besides she works at the pack hospital. She could easily hurt me whenever i go for check-ups or even when I would have the baby'

I was surprised she would do that. I mean i never did anything wrong to them. Yes, sometimes they both caught me staring but that was all. I didn't have it in me to hurt anyone. Beth was a warrior for goodness sake, how was i going to even harm her.

I expected someone, anyone to stand up for me, to say something in my defense. To say something reasonable that would help dispel her stupid words but that was just my wishful thinking. Ryan did not hesistate as he banished me immediately and asked me to be escorted out. I begged and begged but no one could help me. He said it was for the best anyway so i wouldn't hurt his pregnant mate. As if i could even hurt anyone.

Three years now and it still hurts. But I'm trying, I'm trying my best to survive. I'm trying to be happy for myself and for my dead parents.

I tried not to think about him too much but once in a while I would think of him and cry myself to sleep.