8 | Rush Hour

I get up from the couch, and my gaze darts on the thing lying on the armchair

I get up from the couch, and my gaze darts on the thing lying on the armchair. It's Vaughn's notebook.

Wondering if it's something important that he forgot to bring, I walk closer to it. I feel guilty for looking into other people's stuff, but there's something urgent kicking inside me. I take the book and flip through the pages. Then my eyes widen.

It's all about the presentation to get into the internship. He's written the notes here and there. The important points, the conclusions and what he has to say to convince the company.

No. No. No.

I gulp, and even my hand starts to shake. This can't be happening.

He forgot to bring it with him. How could he? He must have been in a hurry.

I snap my head towards the clock. I have less than an hour until the presentation. Without thinking further, I decide to bring the book to him.

My hand grips the steering wheel so hard that my knuckles turn white

My hand grips the steering wheel so hard that my knuckles turn white. The traffic lights change to red, and I curse, beating the steering wheel again for God knows how many times. I shoot a glance at the google maps on my phone. The GPS shows that I'll be reaching the office in less than five minutes.

I never thought that it would be such a hassle to find Pearl Oil R&D Center.

I take a few wrong turns, but thanks to the GPS, I come back into the right road. I'm not familiar with Boston. Geez. I'm a newbie here. It's not like I know it like the back of my hand.

No, I'm not in my sleeping outfits. I've changed into more presentable clothes. A white blouse and a striped blue pencil skirt. All because I'm going into the workplace of a well-known company, for God's sake.

I wanted to leave the house without washing up, but then I managed to take a very quick shower.

It was the quickest shower I've ever taken in my entire life.