Chapter 3

I'm back!! My break hasn't started yet so here is the chapter. Still haven't slept because of writing but here it is. This is also my version of a long chapter seeing as though after this is published I'm taking a week off.
________________________________________________________________________________
Present
3rd person POV (Lacy and Lilli)
Another family reunion, she sighed. Annika's family was hosting this year, and of course, it had to be all about them. When she got the letter, Lacy called Hermione right away clarifying the lie Annika wrote. Little did Annika know that her little secret was going to come right back at her and kick her in the a**. As the saying goes, "karma's a b***h". The last time she saw Hermione was when she was in labour with Mira, Lacy was the one who brought her to St. Mungos. Even though Lacy isn't a witch, Hermione pulled some strings when she turned down being the Minister of Magic. She even got to be a bridesmaid at her wedding. Every time she left, Lacy told her parents that she was going to visit Hermione, it wasn't a complete lie. Every time she mentioned her it made Lilli snarl. Speaking of the devil, Lilli walked into Lacy's room texting with none other than Annika. Lacy moved out of her parent's house when she went to university, but couldn't say the same for Lilli. The two shared a room, and when Lacy moved out, Lilli converted their room into a suite for herself. Because of this Lacy had to stay in the guest bedroom a few days prior to the reunion. The only reason Lilli went into Lacy's room was that she wanted to see her reaction when she was giggling to what Annika was texting her.

A: I need help

L: to get Draco to fall in love with you before the press conference

A: How did you know

L: You're the sister I never had

A: Once this plan works, you will be my Maid of Honor.

Right when Annika said that, Lilli called her. She wanted to be loud enough to make her sister jealous, so she put Annika on speakerphone.

L: I would be so honoured to take on the role

A: And then I'll set you up with well you know who

L: HARRY POTTER!!!

Lacy's ears perked up at hearing that, wanting to listen more. She felt pity for her sister knowing that she was being fed lies, but little did she know Lilli felt the same way except she felt sorry that her sister was so oblivious to the fake relationship.

A: Yup! But we have one tiny problem... know it all beaver is coming this year

L: WHAT!! BEAVER!! NO!!

A: I know right, ugh well at least we have another person to tease other than your sister

L: Something to look forward too, well I have to repack bye

Lilli hung up. Lacy, who was listening had a smile on her face. Hermione was coming, and Lacy couldn't stop smiling. "Ugh, wipe that smug look on your face." Lacy rolled her eyes. "How dare you treat the future Mrs. Potter like that!!!" Lacy giggled at that comment, she knew Harry wouldn't go for her sister. "He doesn't even know you exist Lilli". Lilli just pouted, "hmph!", and left.

1 hour later

"Alright ladies we have a flight to catch" Sarah yelled. Coming up the stairs, Lilli was walking with her purse and a small bag while Lacy was carrying her suitcase and two of Lilli's. Mark has and Sarah looked at their daughter with disappointment, Lilli saw that through her hand mirror while putting another layer of lipstick. "What" was all she said, "go help your sister, and she isn't going to be carrying your stuff, what you pack you carry". "But Dad". "No! I'm tired of the way you treat your sister, she isn't your slave. If anything you should learn a thing or two from her seeing as she is more successful than you". Lilli couldn't help but laugh at that, "more successful than me, please I'm a model, what's better than that." " This is exactly what your father is talking about, maybe if you stopped talking about yourself and listened for once. Sure your a model, but Lacy is a Jr. Portfolio Manager and makes 4x the amount you do. So grab your bags and let's go. I've had enough of your bullsh*t." Lilli was silent the rest of the way. She couldn't wait to see Annika at the airport. They were also paying for tickets so everyone got to be in first class. Her argument with her parents kept replaying in her head, Lacy couldn't be more successful, it just couldn't be possible. So she just observed her sister, and saw many things about her sister. Her outfit looked a lot like a HLM style summer dress but she had never seen it in magazines. "Hey Lacy where did you get that knockoff?". "Very funny Lilli, I am very close friends with the owners of HLM fashion so as a birthday gift she made me this one of a kind outfit". Lilli was one upped again.

On the Plane

(Annika was sitting beside Lilli, Lacy was sitting beside Alex, and the Parents sat with their significant other)
They were finally in the air. Lilli filled Annika in on everything that happened. "Ugh, she is just like Beaver". "I know right, and Grandma's favourite also". They both knew that their grandparents had a lot of money to inherit, so in order to get that money they would have to make Lacy and Hermione look bad. In order to make the time go by fast they started gossiping about Hermione. "I bet you she's alone and a librarian at some crappy store". "And is she isn't alone than she probably married a ferret, and lives with her parents still". "She probably still has beaver teeth, bushy hair and is still ugly as f**k". "Will you guys shut up, we haven't seen Hermione in years, you might be surprised". They were just surprised Alex said something, Annika always thought he hated Hermione also, but turns out he is just another who fell into the beaver trap. Alex noticed that Lacy didn't say anything because usually she is the first to speak up for Hermione. He saw her playing with something around her neck, staring at it while smiling. The trinket was kinda small but what he could make out was ruby and diamond stars, and a gold sword and wizard hat. Alex didn't understand but it must be really special to distract her. 

"Hello folks this is your captain speaking, we have arrived at our destination please fasten your seatbelts for landing"

"Hello folks this is your captain speaking, we have arrived at our destination please fasten your seatbelts for landing". Lacy couldn't wait to see Hermione, she had something she wanted to tell Hermione since she was given the necklace, and now she had the chance to.

________________________________________________________________________________

What has she been wanting to tell Hermione? Sry I'll try and write as much as I can this week, but I need some time to be outside. Thank you so much for 120 reads (that's a lot for me, personally, I thought no one was going to read this) The next chapter will be where everything starts. Stay safe.