Part Two: Chapter 11

Present Day. . .

That's basically where it all started. Our dream team was assembled that night at Julia's party and it was also the beginning of my feud with Erin. I didn't realize at the time how I slowly became my best friend's worst enemy and how she became mine. All I wanted to do was help her, but I'm afraid it's become more than that.

No cars were coming. We were stranded and it was no use. Even if another car was coming, they were all sports cars. They were all the upperclass and the rich. Three people couldn't fit into a two seater car and I also doubt they would want their expensive interior to get all muddy.

Theo can freeze to death out here in the rain, but I'm finding shelter.

I start walking across the street to the small motel with the flickering red lights. Sure it looked a little sketchy, but if we weren't going to die in there, we were for sure going to die out here.

"Teagan, where are you going!?" I hear Theo yell from behind me.

"Inside!" I yell back and continue to walk.

"Teagan, come on! I'm sure another car will pass by-" He begins to say, but I cut him off.

"No!" I snap and walk up to the parking lot of the hotel.

"Teagan, wait." I hear Theo run up behind me, Julia not too far away either.

"Oh now you want to go inside!" Julia snaps at Theo. "I guess whatever Teagan wants you have to give it to her."

"Shut up, Julia." Theo bites back in an angry tone.

I ignore them and enter the motel's lobby. A chubby man is sitting at the front desk reading some sort of manga comic.

"This place seems sketchy." Theo says quietly.

"Excuse me?" I step up toward the front desk and the guy looks up at me. "Can I help you?" He raises an eyebrow and his eyes drift toward regions that did not welcome him. I feel Theo step closer to me and clear his throat. "We need a room for the night."

The guy glares up at Theo then looks over at me. "For the three of you, huh?"

"Yes. That's what he said. The biggest one you have." I say in a tight voice and he types something into the computer then hands us a key.

I quickly walk away from the desk and outside again. We were on the top floor so we had to take the stairs. "Come on," I say as we ascend the rusty staircase.

Once we get to our room Julia runs straight toward the bathroom. "I call hot shower first!" She quickly shuts the door.

I don't really respond as I slip off my soaking wet jacket and pull my hair up into a ponytail.

"I bet a nice van just drove down the road, with a nice family and silly parents looking to bond with their teenage daughter." Theo sighs as he lays back on one of the two queen beds.

"We were freezing out there, Theo. It doesn't matter. Now I'm going to fail my big test tomorrow and Julia is going to get sick for prom."

"That's quite the contrast isn't it? Passing a class and going to prom?" He mutters.

I whip around and glare at him. "You don't get to have an attitude, Theo. You're the reason we are in this whole mess! You never told us what we were actually getting into!"

"You knew what you were getting into, Teagan." Theo snaps back. "After Plan C, you knew exactly what you were getting into, yet, you still continued to help me. Both of you."

I just shake my head and look away. "Whatever, Theo. After tonight it will all be over and we can all go back to our normal lives."

What happened tonight, what we witnessed tonight? All I can say is, some things are better left unseen.

***

Two months ago. . .

That monday I felt like crap, mostly because of Erin and the lack of sleep. I wasn't able to sleep on Saturday and Sunday I had to wake up early anyway for church.

What I really wasn't in the mood for? A playing card sitting at the bottom of my locker.

Plan B.

He has another plan? Julia hasn't mentioned another social event yet.

Just like she was summoned, Julia comes up behind me and slams my locker shut. "What the hell is with this?" She holds up the playing card with "Plan B" written in sharpie. Just like mine.

"I'm not exactly sure yet." I frown. "He's been using these to communicate our next plan. Why he can't just text us? I don't know. I think Theo is one for dramatics."

Julia rolls her eyes. "It seems like it. So what am I supposed to do with this? Burn it?"

"Just meet us at the small coffee shop in town after school today. I'm assuming that's where he will be."

"Well he better," Julia scoffs. "I'm not missing soccer practice for nothing. This better be good."

"If it's a plan, it means it's important Julia." I sigh with frustration. She wanted to be apart of this, didn't she think there would be obligations she needed to fill? Julia is sure getting paid enough for that.