Chapter 22 -Revelations Part 2-

... Hi

Yeah, I know, it's been more than a year this time. Unfortunately, this chapter has been fighting me the entire time and my motivation for hurt/no comfort is shotty at best. Despite the motivation problems, this chapter is VERY IMPORTANT and EXTREMELY SAD.

Again, hurt no comfort. Bad things happen this chapter and they only get worse.

People die in this chapter. Many people die. Descriptions of death and murder happen in this chapter. Obviously, this is by design, it's important to the plot and all that. This is your character death and descriptions of murder warning.

Rest assured tho, the team does not die.

Brush up on last chapter if you'd like, keep in mind the title of the chapter is Revelations. This is the title of an actual episode in the series, like how some fics do Homefront, I'm doing Revelations. It's the episode set in the swamp with the Injustice League. In the episode the team has to destroy the Venom-laced Ivy-grown plant antenna while the rest of the JL fight Venom-laced Ivy-grown attacks all over the world, the antenna destroys them all, once that's done the team has to stall for time because they're no match for the Injustice League (who has quite a few heavy hitters the team doesn't have) and Kaldur uses the helmet of Dr. Fate to deal with everything.

I'm this chapter all of that is the same except Dick comes in late, and Kaldur doesn't get the chance to use Dr. Fate.

While the entire chapter is pretty sad the end isn't that bad, a little hint here and a little hint there. The next chapter picks up where this one leaves off, so still bad, but it slowly gets better. You'll see.

That being said, this chapter is 15,848 words of Dick spiraling and people getting murdered. I had a lot of fun making Dick lose it and I hope you enjoy!

Dick really should have planned this better. Sure he was in Gotham, sure he needed the Batcave, sure he knew Bruce Wayne was Batman. But he overlooked one majorly minor detail. Where exactly was the Batcave?

He realized this problem as he stepped up to the Manor, because while he had visited Gotham with Batman and was in the Batcave before, he never actually got the location of the Batcave. From what details he could remember it really was a cave, so it couldn't be IN the giant Wayne mansion. Under it maybe, but not a room in it. Besides, that would be terrible for ID protection, no one should be able to simply walk in.

Speaking of simply walking in, the front door wouldn't open for him. Bruce wouldn't be home and neither would any of his adult vigilante kids. (Did they even still live here? It's definitely big enough.) No one was going to let him in so he would have to bust in. He'd apologize later when his friends weren't throwing themselves into a death trap.

Dick made use of a window, using a rather large rock from the driveway gravel to weaken the Batman-sanctioned windows.

The glass kinda hurt, it was ignorable, especially with much more important things happening. Like how much time his friends had left. They could be dead right now. Or they could still be alive. Yeah, yeah no they were still alive, it was a long way to Louisiana, they're fine. For now. Dick just had to catch up before villains do what villains do.

Well now he was in, he didn't stop to brush off the glass or anything. The room he was in was some type of foyer or waiting room. Dick wasn't going to wait.

He made it out of the room, everything about the inside of the house (that he had seen so far) was large and mildly confusing. Dread curled up like a snake inside his gut, ready to strike.