Chapter Ninety-Five

Chapter Ninety-Five:

Bryce's POV

"You said you have something in your car for me. Will you tell me what it is, Bryce? Pretty please? You know I don't do well with surprises," Blossom says, looking up at me with those wide hazel eyes of hers.

I smile down at her. She's skipping happily along beside me, her hand in mine, keeping so close that she's practically pressed up against me. I know that it's because the city sidewalks are busy right now and therefore Blossom is probably uncomfortable because of all the unfamiliar faces around her, but it still makes me feel a little bit proud to know that she still feels comfortable around me and that my presence is still assuring to her.

"Nope. We're nearly at your apartment, and I was able to park super close to your building. You'll just have to wait and see," I reply, my smile growing.

Blossom's bottom lip juts out as she pouts at me, but I simply have to press a swift kiss to her temple before her expression softens again.

Knox is walking beside Blossom, his hands still in his pockets. His eyes are mostly trained on the sidewalk ahead of us, but I can't help but to notice the way that he'll sometimes sneak a glance at Blossom. Then, when he notices the ginormous smile on her face, I watch as he's unable to stop himself from smiling as well.

Kennedy and Nathan are trailing along behind us, chatting animatedly about God-knows-what. I honestly haven't paid much attention to either of them at all, because my only focus right now is my girl.

Because fuck, she's holding my hand, and she's holding on to me as though nothing has happened between us and I'm still her boyfriend.

It's a wonderful feeling. It really is. I haven't felt wanted like this in a really damn long time.

We arrive on Blossom's street soon enough, and I pull her to the side once we pass my car as Knox, Kennedy, and Nathan continue a little bit further down the sidewalk and towards the apartment building. Blossom and I watch as the three of them disappear inside, but as soon as the door swings shut after them, I grab Blossom's hand and guide her towards my car.

"I have an actual present for you that I'll give to you later, but I still have a little something for you now," I tell Blossom, giving her another little smile.

She raises an eyebrow, but despite the quizzical expression on her face, she's wearing a smile.

I reach for the passenger door, and as soon as I pull it open, Blossom lets out a little squeak from where she's still standing beside me with her hand in mine.

I reach in and retrieve the bouquet of flowers that I bought for her on my drive over here. They're red roses because I know that they're Blossom's favourite for some reason, but I also thought roses would evoke some feelings of nostalgia for her considering that every time I bought Blossom flowers throughout our relationship, I always gave her roses.

"Pretty flowers for my pretty girl," I tell Blossom gently, releasing my grip on her hand and giving her the flowers to hold instead.

She eagerly takes the bouquet from my hands, and I watch as she immediately clutches it tightly to her chest. She shuts her eyes and buries her face into the petals, and I watch as she inhales deeply before letting out a little sigh of contentment.

She stands in silence with her eyes shut for a few moments, clutching the flowers to her chest so damn tightly. I gently close the car door so that I don't disturb her, but as soon as I press the button on my keys to lock the car, Blossom looks up at me with wide eyes and flushed cheeks.