babies

For the first time in a long time, Rose and Harry were completely happy and safe. The auror office gave Harry a year before he had to start training, so the couple decided to put the issue on a back burner and focus on their wedding instead. Because of the numerous protection spells around their house, Rose and Harry no longer had any aurors protecting them, but they felt safe anyways.

"Harry, Rose, wake up!" Ron yelled as he knocked harshly on their door.

"Leave us alone!" Rose yelled back as she cuddled closer to Harry.

"We have to go pick up Hermione and everyone else!" Ron reminded them. It was almost Christmas, and Hogwarts was finally letting out for the holiday.

"We'll get there later," Harry said as he placed small kisses on Rose's neck, making her giggle some.

"If you don't get up, I'll burst in there and get you up myself!" Ron threatened.

"You don't want to do that," Harry said with a small laugh. Ron let out a string of curses and complaints as he stomped away, yelling about how horrible Rose and Harry were. Despite the fact that the train wouldn't get to Kings Cross until noon and it was barely 10 am, Ron apparated out of the house, anxious to see Hermione.

"We really should get up," Rose said as she turned to look at Harry, who had a lazy grin on his face.

"We're completely alone for the first time in forever," Harry said as he rolled so that he was over Rose, his hands by her head as he held himself up. "Shouldn't we enjoy that?"

"We can enjoy it when we're on our honeymoon," Rose said, placing a small kiss on Harry's nose as she slipped out from under him. Harry groaned as he collapsed onto the bed.

"You're the worst," Harry said.

"Maybe," Rose shrugged as she opened the bedroom door. "But I have to feed Tillie or she'll get upset."

A distant meow came from Tillie, seemingly agreeing with Rose.

"That bloody cat," Harry muttered angrily.

"Tillie is an angel," Rose said. "Anyways, I'm going to feed her and then take a shower and get ready."

"I think we need to save water and shower at the same time," Harry said as he got up and slipped his arms around Rose's waist.

"Good try, but no," Rose said as she sent Harry a fake smile and slipped away from him. "Just wait another week."

"Rose!" Harry groaned. Rose grinned as she closed the door on his face and hurried off to feed Tillie. The grey cat meowed happily at the sight of her owner, and led Rose to her food bowl.

"You're getting a little too chonky, Tils," Rose said as she placed less food into her bowl. Tillie hissed at Rose until the girl pointed a finger at the cat. "Hiss at me again and see what happens."

"Are you threatening the cat?" Harry asked with a raised eyebrow as he entered the kitchen.

"Maybe," Rose said as she placed a small kiss on his cheek before she pouring herself some cereal.

"So, how are we gonna tell them our plan?" Harry asked as he made his breakfast.

"I figured we could tell them at dinner tonight," Rose replied. "That way everyone gets to hear at once and they have a little bit of time to prepare."

"Eight days," Harry said, a smile on his face.

"Eight days," Rose repeated.

"Eight days until what?" Hermione asked as she entered the kitchen, Ron not far behind. Rose squealed happily as she pushed Harry aside and tackled Hermione in a hug.