16

"Do you ever just get bored."

"Obviously every once in a while." I throw my gaming controller on to the pillows. After lunch my brother Harper and me gathered in the theatre room. We built a mini fort.

I don't know if you could even call it that seeing as it was just pillows and blankets covering the floor. "We are in fucking Italy for crying out loud let's do something fun!"

I look over to Harper shoving cheetos into her mouth, while Jax tries to beat a new level.

"I'm about to have a nervous breakdown." I get up from the hole I dug myself between the pillows. "What's your problem?" Jax asked, but I know he's too distracted to listen. Not that I could tell him what was corrupting my mind anyways, or who at that.

"You didn't want to wake up when we went sight seeing." Harper mades a point.

"No one bothered to wake me! Nevermind mind i'm just going to lick myself up like.."

"Rapunzel?"

"No! Snow White!" I march out of the room making my way to the bedroom. I'd just lock myself in until we went home, that sounds fine to me. "Carmen?" Xavier.

"Why are you here."

"Thanks." I throw my arms up, and continue moving. "Bye."

"Where are you going?" He questions walking into my path. "Move, shark."

"Shark?"

"Or piranha. Can I go back to my room, move." He doesn't move. "I've been told to look after you, one of Stefano's deals.. didn't work out."

"What the hell does that mean!"

"It means stop acting like a brat." Before Xavier could speak up His voice spoke.

"Xavier, go to Miss. Jones's room. She will be there shortly." I feel his unwanted presence behind my body, sadly it wasn't the first time. I know it wouldn't be the last.

Xavier walks away without a question leaving the two of us alone. "What?" I question him.

He doesn't say anything making me angry. "I asked you a question." I turn facing him right into his face. He had his head tilted down above mine. "Watch your mouth." He growls, surprisingly keeping his hands to himself.

"Why should I?"

"I could give your head to Jason, would you like that prezioso?" My breath gets caught in my trembling lips, shocked at his harsh words.

"Look at that, you understand this is no game, yes?" I know what he wants, he wants to feed on my fear. Like a fucking shark.

"I'm not scared of you." I tell him, on being half honest. My legs threatening to give out any moment was a dead give away to him.

"No?" I shake my head, getting a hand wrapped around my throat. It isn't tight, but it was enough for my lower body to go into shock.

"When I give you to those men you'd be done for, passed around, your hair pulled out." My body trembles against his, at his words. The hand tightens around my throat as he continues.

"Being thrown away like nothing once they're finished with you." It tightens.

"I won't be there to protect you, i'd be the one giving you to them." A tear falls from my eye, slowly. A kiss is placed on top of it, and he rests his lips on my cheek.

"Respect isn't free." His eyes reseted on my face as more tears fell. I hated the way my body wanted to respond to his touch, even if it was hurtful. I hated his eyes luring me in.

I wanted to stay in his arms. I wanted his hand to stay wrapped around my neck.

I wanted him to use me, pull my hair, keep me for himself. I want him. "Teach me."

"Teach you?"

"Respect." His nose touched mine, as I take a deep breath. He shakes his head hiding his amusement, "What?" I ask him.

"I'm no good for you."

"Don't say something you don't mean." He couldn't stay away from me. I may be cocky thinking so, but I was right.

"I have to go." He lets go of me all together, leaving me disappointed. I wipe the remainder of my tears as I watch him walk always from me once again.

I get to my room to see Xavier sitting on my bed. "You should listen to your mother."

"My mother?" I stand in the doorway, inching further. "He's going to break your heart in half. Live your life Carmen, men like him only care for one thing."

"You don't know what he cares about."

"I've seen the wait he's treat women in the past, i'm not new around here." I take of my shoes throwing them onto the floor, ignoring him. He doesn't give up.

"Listen, Harper.. means a lot to me, you're the only true friend she's ever had I don't want you fucking up to ruin it." His demeanor gets hard, almost yelling as he speaks to me.

"I know." I say quietly. How could I not when everyone says the same thing.

"Stefano is holding a meeting tonight. Don't fuck around at dinner." His faith in me is very low. I nod wanting him to leave me alone.

He gives me one last look, making his way out of the door. Who's the guests?