Chapter 11 - Mila

I wake up the next morning, both physically and emotionally drained.

Because I actually did it again. I forgot to swap the goddamn phones.

And I don't even know how to get out of this, considering I jumped out of his car without so much as a warning...again. He must think I'm delusional.

Jas and Mer got in late last night, and I pretended to be asleep, even though I obviously wasn't, since I spent half the night cursing myself for being such an idiot. That feeling only intensified when I got a text from Hayden shortly after I made it back to my hotel room.

Hey, Lucky. Just letting you know that I still have your phone. Let's just meet at the hotel tomorrow and swap them back, before we forget again. ;) I had a great night, though, and I really hope you did too. Sweet dreams xx

Of course he just wants to get it over with now. I'm not surprised. It's not like he had any reason to be interested in me, anyway.

I sigh before I crawl out of bed, in desperate need of coffee and donuts. I'm suddenly glad Jasmine made sure we had a mini-fridge stocked with donuts and a premium coffee machine in our kitchen. Breakfast in sweatpants and an oversized sweater is the best.

Pressing the button for a cappuccino on the fancy coffee machine, I grab not one, not two, but three donuts from the fridge, stuffing one in my mouth while I wait for the machine to finish.

When it does, I take a quick sip of the brewing hot cappuccino and instantly curse myself for being so damn impatient. "Shit!" I spit out the coffee to stop the burning on my tongue, sending a wave of hot liquid onto my sweater. "Really, Mila? Again?" I groan, dabbing a tea towel over the fabric, like that will somehow magically remove the light-brown stain on my gray sweater. "What a way to start the day." One of the donuts in my hand soon wanders into my mouth, and I take a large bite just as I hear a knock on the door.

I glance at the clock on the wall. Do they do a cleaning service at six-thirty in the morning? I know these people just do their job, whatever time that may be. I open the door, one donut in my mouth while the other rests in my hand, but I almost drop both of them when I recognize the man standing in front of my door.

"Hey, Lucky."

I try to swallow the donut in my mouth as I study the fresh-as-always-looking Hayden in front of me, a green duffel bag thrown over his shoulder. I can't speak, all of a sudden. I can only focus on the racing heart in my chest and the heat creeping into my cheeks.

This situation is movie-level embarrassing, really.

He studies me up and down, a smirk curling on his lips while his eyes twinkle in the way they always do.

"What?" I wipe my palm over my mouth after I swallow the rest of my donut. "What are you doing here? How do you know my room number? I thought you..."

But I don't get to finish that question. Hayden's threatening stride makes me shut the hell up as he taps the door with his foot, closing it behind him with a quiet thud. "I know what I told you." His voice is low and husky when he drops the bag on the floor and steps right in front of me, my back hitting the wall as he closes the distance between us, leaving him just a few inches away from me. All I can do is stare at his mouth as he speaks, watching his lips move with every syllable. "But I woke up this morning and had the urge to do this."

His words make me look back up at his hungry green eyes, and even though I can see exactly what he wants to do to me, I can't help but ask, "To do what?"

"I think you know what."

"Do I?" Yes, I do. And I'd very much like him to do it. Now.

"You do." His baritone voice vibrates against my skin as he suddenly leans in, his predatory gaze flicking to my lips. Before I can even anticipate his next move, he crashes his lips against my own, the impact immediately giving me weak knees.