The Test

Iruka walked Yuki to the top floor of the Hokage's building. Opening the door and walking in Yuki noticed a giant table almost running the length of it. Iruka left her to stand in front of the table, taking his seat with the others. The room was practically full, those who did not have seats behind the table were standing all around the room, all eyes focused on her. This is it, this is where I show them what I have to offer the village. I'm ready. The doors opened and the Hokage was escorted in by four members on ANBU, all clad in full uniform and covered from head to toe. She continued to look straight as the Hokage made his way to his seat.

"Yuki Mytaki." The Hokage started, Yuki bowed to him "You stand before this village asking to be a member. Can you explain why you would like to be a part of Konoha?"

All eyes flew to Yuki, waiting for her answer.

"I wish to become a part of Konoha because I respect and admire this village over all else. This was the first place I thought of joining upon my parent's death, they may have never chosen a side to stand with, but I know this is where they would wish me to be. I will fight and gladly die for this village and all who live in it."

The Hokage nodded, taking in her answer as little whispers were heard around the room. Kakashi was admiring Yuki's courage, her stance was beautiful, so tall and proud. She did not let any of the eyes or the whispers phase her. Her head was high and her voice loud and strong. He found himself smiling under his mask, she was doing well.

"Your parents were well known in this village. A number of members have worked side-by-side with them. They were well respected for their abilities and were always welcome here, I mourned their lose." He bowed his head to her

"Thank you Hokage." Yuki bowed towards him, his words meant a lot to her.

"If you became a part of Konoha what job would you take?" Yuki did not think he would continue so quickly after his last statement, but she knew this was not a time to lose her head.

"I feel I am fully capable of running missions like the rest of the ninja in Konoha. I have been on many missions with my parents and other village members. I would also consider becoming a sensei at the academy. I feel that passing down my knowledge to the growing ninja of this village would be an honor and a privilege." Yuki caught Iruka's eye, he smiled brightly at her as she gave him a small nod.

"The Mytaki genjutsu is renowned by many people, however, there are some who only know it by name." the room grew loud with chatter now, all looking at Yuki. She knew this would happen, she knew she would have to show how well she performed.

The Hokage leaned to the ANBU standing to his right, whispering something to them. They stood back to full attention as the Hokage continued.

"Yuki, will you perform your genjutsu on this ANBU member?" With a flash an ANBU was standing by her side, not in attacking position, but waiting for instruction.

Kakashi stood beside Hokage, knowing full well he could not be the one to receive the genjutsu. The Mytaki genjutsu looks into the mind, if I was the person to receive it Yuki would know it was me standing before her. That might cause her to hold back, she needs to perform at her best.

Iruka stared in silence, hoping Yuki was up for the challenge. If not she can always become a sensei like me, at least that comforted Iruka slightly.

"Of course." Yuki bowed to the Hokage and turned to face the ANBU

"He will not engage you. This is merely a presentation of your genjutsu, nothing more." She can thank me for that, Kakashi thought. The Hokage wanted a full on fight, but Kakashi had quickly talked him out of it. Think of the safety of the people in the room, he had said.

The tension in the room grew, Yuki could feel it. She focused in on the ANBU, completed the hand signs and stared deep into the eyes. Her eyes began to glow a dark purple, small flashes of lightning were seen shooting around her. Yuki entered his mind, now knowing it was a man. She saw his past, his present, and some secrets not well guarded. She attacked him from within, stealing his chakra and leaving him defenseless. Within seconds he fell to the floor and Yuki released the genjutsu. There were a few gasps and small laughs as the ANBU was carried out of the room. Yuki turned back to the Hokage, waiting to be addressed.

Well done Yuki, your parent's would be proud, Kakashi smiled staring at her. His eye hadn't left her the entire time, she was fascinating and beautiful. Stop. Stop right now. I'm in ANBU and there is no way I am going to start a relationship when I don't even know if I will make it home. That would not be fair and I could not live with myself if I did such a thing.

Iruka looked from Yuki to the Hokage, wondering what the man was thinking. Obviously that was an unbelievable performance and definitely impressed the Hokage.

"Yuki Mytaki," the Hokage began, standing up from his seat "I have decided to make you an official member of this village. I will further discuss with a small counsel what your job status will be."

"Thank you Hokage-sama" Yuki bowed, returning with a very bright smile.

Kakashi felt his chest tighten, she is effecting me so much. He was more than pleased when the Hokage turned to leave, as he followed behind him. The room slowly began to clear, most people pausing to congratulate Yuki on her admission to the village and tell her how stunned they were by her genjutsu.

"Welcome home Yuki-chan." Iruka stood smiling in front of her

"Oh Iruka I'm so happy!" Yuki threw her arms around Iruka, who caught her laughing "I can't believe it."

Yuki had tears in her eyes as she looked up at Iruka, arms still around his neck. He was so happy for her, he knew what it felt like to not belong.

"Well first things first, we need to get you settled in your new place." Yuki looked at him with eyes as big as the moon.

"I have a place?" She said backing away, hands over her mouth

"Yes of course. The Hokage instructed me to take you there after this meeting was over." Hokage-sama knew you were going to make it. Iruka kept that last comment to himself as Yuki began hopping up and down laughing in the middle of the room. Iruka let her have her moment until finally she was ready to make her way to her new home.

"When will I know about my job status?" Yuki asked as they were walking

"That may take some time." Iruka paused as they turned to face the door of her apartment "But until then I feel like you will be busy making yourself at home."

He placed the key into Yuki's hand. Her eyes tearing up as she held the key up, staring at it in awe. She turned slowly towards the door, looking up to admire the building that would soon house her. Iruka followed her inside, but was soon left on his own as Yuki went flying through the place, squealing at everything. When she finally made it upstairs to her bedroom she threw the windows open, admiring the large tree that almost crept into her room. She let out a large sigh, feeling the breeze hit her face.

"I assume by your antics you are pleased?" Iruka laughed from the hall

"All I've ever wanted was a home and now I have it." Yuki smiled as Iruka walked back downstairs.

I did it Mom and Dad, I made it Yuki stared out the window as another gust hit her face. The tears finally won and she let them fall, knowing her parents were proud of all she'd accomplished this day.