Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter thirty-one

Hesitantly Zevah stepped ahead and placed her hand on Aditya's shoulder which tensed further but she didn't retrieve.

"Aditya─"

"Don't, Zevah. Just leave me alone now." He ordered and she retracted her hand but didn't budge from her spot. She wasn't going to leave him like that.

"I won't. Aditya you need to calm down, it's okay─"

Aditya spun around and glared at her which made her halt in her sentence. She watched as a muscle in his jaw ticked and the fire in his eyes as he glared at her.

"It's okay? You weren't even going to tell me if I hadn't forced it out of you. Why didn't you call me yesterday, Zevah? It could have been dangerous." His voice raised and she felt her temper rising.

"But I managed and anyways you were busy." She snapped and Aditya's eyes went to hers. She sounded like a jealous girlfriend but she couldn't help it.

"I was busy huh? So you didn't want to disturb me or you were angry because I left with her?" He took a step towards her and she looked away immediately taking a step back. It continued until her back hit the wall and she had nowhere to go.

"Tell me Zevah, why are you so angry at the thought of me with some other woman? Why does it affect you?" He whispered and she glared at him but that it when she realised their proximity and she felt nervous.

"It doesn't affect me." She tried to sound stern but the voice was foreign to her own ears. Aditya chuckled but there was nothing humorous in it. It was a wry chuckle.

"Still stubborn. So it won't affect you if I flirt with any woman?" He questioned and she nodded hurriedly looking down but his eyes stayed on her form.

"It won't affect you if I hug someone else?" She gulped and again nodded without looking at him.

"It won't affect you if I kiss someone else?" He noticed her clenching her jaw and shutting her eyes tight but in the end her head moved sideways as she denied it all.

"Alright, Zevah." He said loudly and moved behind while her eyes snapped open as she watched him moving away from her, creating much distance between them.

"So from today, I, Aditya Singhania, won't come after you ever. I promise our relationship will only be work related and outside this place you'll only know me as a stranger." And with that he walked out from there while Zevah kept staring at nothing particular.

Why did her heart feel heavy all of a sudden?

────────

"And done. Ayaansh is now ready to meet his father." Srishti grinned down at Ayaansh who just played with his hands, blinking up at her.

She picked him up and he nibbled on his hand while humming sometimes. Srishti had wanted to visit Sahil at his office and from there she would leave for her orphanage.

She left the penthouse and hired a cab not wanting to travel in any of Sahil's car. One hour thirty minutes later, she reached at her destination and thanked the driver before moving inside.