[ 3.16 ] - Intermediate: Perfect definition of a rose

Intermediate: Perfect definition of a rose

[ 3.16 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 12

"Ryn."

As I packed my bag to leave, I hear Isa's hesitant voice call out to me. I stopped my actions, resting my hands on my bag as I turned to my left where she stood waiting for me.

I watched with wonder, tilting my head to the side as I replied, "Yes?"

Isa pursed her lips as she approached me and sat on the desk besides me.

"Why was that guy looking for you during break?"

Her expression was gloomy as she mentioned Litheon, causing me to chuckle. She glared at me, but I didn't stop as a bright smile formed on my lips.

"He was looking to recruit me as a new Volleyball manager." I tell her honestly.

A scowl formed on her face as she began to mutter curses.

"Doesn't he understand that you quit jiu jitsu for a reason? What an idiot."

She let out a ridiculing laugh as she then turned to me expectantly. "So? Tell me, how did you reject him."

Her bright eyes bore holes into me with anticipation, making me feel slightly awkward.

Keeping my composure, I continued to pack my items as I tried to speak as nonchalantly as possible.

"Actually, I agreed."

Isa's smirk was quickly wiped off of her face as she froze up. The light in her eyes faded and she snapped her head towards me with horror.

"What!? You agreed?" Slowly, I nodded while she just stared, dazed.

"But...didn't you say you were going to focus on culinary?" I nodded again, but I held up a finger to prevent her from saying any more as I explained to her my decision.

"I am. Litheon gave me a tempting offer regarding the volleyball team."

"What offer did he give?" Although her face was that of a scowl, her eyes and words betrayed her curiosity.

I sat, contemplating about whether I should tell her or not. After all, even if Litheon offered it to me, I would rather ask the club members if they'd allow me to do so.

"I won't tell you just yet. Even though I decided to join, it doesn't mean I'll automatically be accepted. I still have to turn in my application."

Isa easily accepted my reasoning and didn't push for an answer any further. I then changed the topic as we began making our way to her club room.

"I see you've been making some new friends." I teased, causing her to become bashful. She slapped my arm playfully as she barred her teeth at me. I laughed as she let out a breath.

"I don't know if I'd call them friends just yet. I've only just met them." She tells me honestly, her expression becoming slightly nervous, but I could see the gratitude in her eyes. "At least it's doesn't seem like they're approaching me because of that guy."

I lightly pat her shoulder as we arrive in front of her club room. Before leaving my side, Isa voiced her thoughts.

"You know, I've been think about this for a while, but isn't that guy the perfect definition of a rose?" Her eyes were filled with passion as she continued, not bothering to wait for my reply. "He might be a bit good looking, but he's actually just a crook. Pretty on the outside, vicious on the inside. I can't wait for all those idiots to realize this."

I could only smile helplessly as she smiled brightly.

"Okay, I'll be going now, Ryn!"

I found myself laughing at her sudden switch, but waved her off before making my way to the gymnasium.

5 May x029

Author's note:
Wow! It's officially August (in the US)! School starts in about two weeks...
I'm crying inside.
I've been away from school for too long, I don't even know how to student.
Sigh...
Anyways, concerning this chapter, I was going to make it longer, but the flow wasn't there so I decided to cut it at that.
Since there isn't much that happened, I'll end this A/N here.

Question:
How do you think Ryenne's first day will go as manager?

1.8.2020