CHAPTER 50: Shattered

EVELINE KNIGHT

"Alexander."

My heart stopped hearing that name.
I didn't had the strength to even move.
I stood there like a statue.

No. Please no. He is not here. No he can't be here.

No.

I can't face him.

I lied to him.

I broke his trust.

He'll hate me now.

Evan released Blake's collar.
Both Blake and Rose turned around.

Rose's eyes widened looking at Xander. Her grip on Blake's arm tightened.

Blake stiffened.

I finally managed to look at Xander. He was just staring at Blake and Rose. Then his eyes travelled to Rose's hand which was holding Blake's arm. His face didn't had any expression.

"Alex." Evan said in a low tone.

Xander made his way towards Blake. He stood in front of him.

"Happy? You know what you should be." Xander said.

It felt like, I don't know this Xander. His face didn't show any emotion but his eyes, he was hurt.

"Alex." Blake said.

"You're not happy. Why? You finally took everyone whom I loved away from me. Now I only have Evan."

What does he mean by that? I am here too for him. Why is he saying this? It hurts.

Ev.

No. Please ask him stop. I am here for him.

"Alex I-" Rose started but Xander cuts her off.

"Don't."

Rose's tears started falling down her cheeks. "Alex please listen to me."

"You knew I hated Blake, you knew everything that happened in the past but still." He said. "And Rose you lied to me."

"I-I am sorry." Rose said while crying.

"Sorry?" He scoffed.
"Ya I forgive you but I am sorry Roselyn Knight I can't trust you anymore."

Rose looked up at Xander "A-Alex. Please don't do this." She said in a broken voice.

"You have left me no choice Rose. You know I trusted you. I thought if I would give you time you'll tell me that whom are you dating. But you never came to me. Was I that cruel to you?" Xander asked. Pain was written all over his face.

Rose shook her head and said "No. You are the best brother."

"Stop it. If you would have considered that then you would have told me."

"Alex I just didn't wanted to lose you."

"So you were planning to never tell me about it. You know it hurts Rose, to know that my sister is hiding something like this from me. It hurts to know it from someone else."

He then turned to Blake "You really have a great affect on everyone. You made her a liar just like yourself."

"Alex I was going to talk to you." Blake said.

"Oh really? When exactly?"

"It's just that I didn't get the chance."

"As far as I got to know you both were dating each other for 3 years. Are you trying to tell me that in 3 fucking years you didn't get a single chance to tell me about this."