Ch 9

Kageyama's POV

A little while later, we both finished up our homework and put our stuff away. Before Mei could even start talking, Hinata spoke again.

"Since you're staying over do you want me to get you some clothes? I think I have some that you lent me that one time." I nodded, remembering that one time he came over to my house without extra clothes so I lent him some of mine. He walked over to his closet and took out a T-shirt with a volleyball on it and threw it to me.

"Ooo you guys are having a sleepover! Can I stay too?" Mei asked, once again trying to spend more time with Hinata.

"Umm... it's a school night... Anyway, I don't have pants since I only took a shirt and a hoodie from you. Do you mind sleeping in boxers?"

"Nah I don't mind. Wanna go pepper outside?" I asked, wanting to get away from Mei.

"YES! That's a great idea! We're both wearing our stuff from practice so we can just go now!" He said grabbing a volleyball from his floor and heading to the door. I stood up and walked to of his room and down the stairs.

"I-I'll go with you guys!" Mei yelled chasing after us. Hinata grimaced (she didn't see it though) and rolled his eyes. It was dark when we got outside, but we could see each other because of the faint light from the moon and the street lamps.

"Sorry" Hinata whispered "I didn't know she was going to be this..."

"Persistent?" I whispered back.

"More like annoying." We both laughed. He tossed the ball to me and we started to play. We got into a rhythm quickly just like in practice. I tossed, he hit, I received, then he tossed, and I hit. We had this rhythm going for a long time before Mei ran and stole the ball as Hinata was about to set it to me. She giggled and looked up at Hinata. Little did she know, she had just made the biggest mistake of her life. The only person who had the balls to take a ball away from Hinata was Tsukishima.

"What are you doing." Hinata asked quietly (silent rage is the scariest type of rage).

"I just wanted to play with you too." She said confidently. Too confidently.

"What's your deal? You could have just asked nicely. You didn't have to ruin everything." He was mad, and I could tell anything she was about to say was gonna make it worse.

"Hey Sho we can just start again ok." I walked over and placed my hands on his shoulders. He looked up and nodded at me, his rage was coming off him in waves. I smiled and gave his shoulders a tight squeeze before letting go and ruffling his hair. He gave Mei an annoyed look before starting again. It was evident that Mei had never played before but she tried to keep up. Whenever she would make a mistake she would pout and apologize. Then she would ask Hinata to teach her how to do things, which was always met with a curt no or no answer at all.

After a while Hinata accidentally passed the ball to Mei (we were trying to keep the ball away from her so we could get back to playing ourselves) she smirked before hitting the ball at me. More specifically, at my face. I turned my head and put my hands up, blocking the ball from hitting me. When I looked up I saw her smiling with her hands on her hips.

"Oops... I'm sorry. Hinata maybe you shou-"

"What the hell is your problem?" I could see Hinata fuming.

"I-"

"NO! You have been so rude to him this whole time and now you almost hit him in the face!"

"Shoyo, I'm ok don't worry!" I sweatdropped, trying to calm him down slightly.

"If she had hit you, you could have broken your nose." He said walking over to me "Or gotten a concussion! The team wouldn't be the same without you! So you can't go and get hurt. Everyone would worry. I WOULD WORRY! GOT IT!" He moved his hands under my arms and hugged my waist so I hugged him back. One of his hands tugged on the back of my shirt signaling me to lean down.