ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

---

---

"We have some concerns Ma'am" the kindergarten teacher sighed, looking over at the small woman in front of them. She had the same coloured hair as the little rascal that was sitting, care free, on the floor on the other side of the main office door.

"We know that not having a parent with a quirk around the house can make raising a child with one... more challenging" the teacher continued. At their words, the poor woman's head hung. She probably knew that this day would come, she did not expect it to be just two months after her child had received her quirk though.

"I am very sorry, I will pay for whatever damage she has caused" Y/N's mother replied, bowing deeply at the teacher standing in front of her.
They shook their head, as if to say there was nothing to pay.

"That's not the problem, she hasn't broken anything" they said. As soon as the woman pulled a confused face, they continued.

"She uses her quirk to make her classmates do things that they shouldn't do, we just want her to understand she can't keep doing so or she won't haven any friends left" he said. The h/c haired woman let out a small sigh as she peered through the glass of the door to check on her small child. She could see the sparkle in her eyes as she messed around with her toys, the strings that attached them to the tips of her fingers moved around almost unnoticeably, they were so thin, yet so strong.

"I will talk to her, maybe get some help too" she told the teachers, who were satisfied with her answer.
Once again the mortified woman bowed before walking towards the door. As she turned the knob, she spoke one more time.

"Thank you for your time, I hope Y/N won't cause anymore trouble in the future". She walked past the door, her h/c hair swaying lightly behind her as she knelt down to be eye level with her daughter.

"Come on you little spider monkey, let's go home" and with that they left.

The next few months were, to say the least, challenging.
Y/N ran around the house, using her quirk to do pretty much everything. She would have so much fun grabbing things with her strings and swinging them around, the thrill of it all sending her in to fits of laughter.

"Y/N please stop doing that!" her mother gasped, watching as her small 5 year old stood on top of the dining table, plates attached to her strings as she spun in circles.

"Mama, I'm a merry-go-round" she replied, spinning more and more. Her mum stared terrified at the scene in front of her.
She took a step forward, trying to find the best moment to stop Y/N, possibly causing the least amount of damage possible.

She is going to get herself killed her mother thought as she jumped forward, grabbing onto her daughter and pulling her close to her. She let out a sigh and turned to face her toddler, worry still in her eyes.

"Please baby, let go of the plates" she said, holding tightly on to her baby.

Y/N smiled and nodded, retracting her strings immediately, the plates that were hanging from her fingers crashing on to the floor near her mother's feet.

"That's... a good girl" M(mother's)/N(name) sighed, a small smile appearing on her lips.

She stepped over the broken ceramic carefully, the slippers on her feet cracking a few bits and pieces here and there.

"Mama" Y/N whispered, staring up at her parent and guardian.

"What is it spider monkey?" she asked, putting down her child on the sofa. She picked up the broom leaning on the wall and started sweeping the broken pieces carefully.

"Why am I not in school today?" Y/N asked. She looked down to the ground, her mouth turning in to a small pout.

M/N didn't turn around, her stare was fixed on the broom in front of her as she gently swayed, cleaning the floor.
The past few months had been challenging. Y/N had kept using her powers at school, scaring and endangering her classmates. Her mother had talked to her about it, tried to explain how and when she should use her quirk, but being quirkless, she couldn't demonstrate it in any way, making it hard for her daughter to understand.
The last incident they had had, Y/N had latched on to a boy in her class with her strings and had commanded his body to run and dive in to the pool in the school's garden because he was shouting at another little kid.

"Baby, I told you, the teachers decided it was too dangerous for you to go back after you threw Katsuki in the pool" M/N explained, eyeing her daughter, hoping she would understand.

"HE WAS YELLING AT IZUKU, I HAD TO DO SOMETHING" Y/N shouted back, crossing her arms in the process. She stared at her mother and huffed, knowing well that they had already had that discussion.

M/N was also well aware that she had explained this to her.

"Baby, I know it's hard, but for now I will just teach you at home, is that alright?" her mother asked, hoping in her little girl agreeing with her. She knew it wasn't the best way to raise her, not having a quirk herself, but hopefully, showing her videos through a screen of people using their powers for good, of heroes, she would get the concept.

Y/N looked up at her mother, who was now gathering the last bits of ceramic on the floor, through the h/c locks that partially covered her face in that moment. She was 5, but she knew that her mother meant good.

"Yeah mama, as long as I get to go see Izuku every now and then" Y/N stated, smiling widely. M/N laughed happily at her daughter's reaction, giving her a wink.

"I'm sure that can be arranged" she replied, making her child smile even more.

And with that, Y/N never went back to school. Not until U.A anyway.
She went over to Izuku's house a few times, she would play with him and show off her quirk, making the small boy laugh and jump around until they were both exhausted. But unfortunately, like it happens in many childhood friendships, Izuku and Y/N slowly lost contact as he made new friends and Y/N had more and more to study at home with her mum.
M/N, however, would always be grateful to Izuku for binge watching All Might videos day after day with her child.

By the time the two of them were 9, they had completely lost contact.
Y/N had mostly online friends by now, not leaving the house much at all and Midoriya was, well, too engrossed in heroes and studying them to really make many friends.

Ok so, this can only be described as a little prologue(?) to the story. Future chapters will be longer, I just can't wait to get started with the main story aaaa, bYe <3