Chapter 24

I just wanted to make my own career. I never took up the business of my parents in spite of it being served to me on a silver platter.

I struggled hard in my studies to be a meritorious student. I was among very few students who got placed in an elite company. I was just a simple girl wanting to pave my own way into this world and achieve something on my own.

Everything is destroyed! Literally everything.

I sobbed hard and tried to take deep breaths.

It was all because of him.

He knew me from before. He knew everything about me.

Of course he would know, he is a fucking billionaire.

I loved him so much! I never ran behind his money or power. I never even expected any commitment from him if he wasn't for him to make advances.

But the question was, why me?

I didn't know him personally before I met him.

I tried to rewind everything in my mind from the time I first saw him.

Nothing! I did nothing bad to him. Then why would he ruin me?

I couldn't figure out anything as to why he would do it. We weren't personally or professionally enemies. I never did or even wished that something bad should happen to him. But still he went along these lines and fell so low to destroy my career.

Snuffy came and sat in my lap. Its face was gloomy.

"Even you liked him right? But he cheated Snuffy! He really did. He was all along with me just to take revenge for god knows what reason." I said and hugged Snuffy.

"I thought he loved me Snuffy. But he was just acting all the time to see me broke like this." I said.

We sat like that for few hours and I didn't know how but I ended up sleeping on floor along with Snuffy.

I woke up as my left hand felt numb. A sharp pain shot as soon as I woke up. It took a while for my muscles to be back to normal. I wasn't used to sleeping on the floor.

I saw that it was ten at night.

Gosh! Snuffy missed its meal. I quickly got up and prepared its meal quickly.

I kneeled in front of Snuffy to feed it. But it refused to eat.

"No Snuffy! We should get over him okay. We need to move on. Now eat." I said.

But it didn't eat.

This was killing me!

I missed Mom!

I dialed her number.

"Hello Honey! How was your day?" she asked.

I didn't say anything. I knew my emotions would blast again.

"Is everything okay? If you want to cry then cry to your fullest. Don't hold those emotions back. It will kill you from inside" she said.

That was all it took me to cry.

I cried for God knows how along without speaking anything.

She was there on the other end of the call waiting for me to speak patiently.

Mothers! They are Mothers!

"I got fired Mom." I finally said.

"I am sending my Lamborghini Urus tomorrow. You are staying with us from now on. Whenever you feel good, you can move back." she said.