Chapter 9

George savored his steak, as he took a seat on the hay bales by the farming field. It was a quiet place away from the rest of the crowd of players. 

He leaned back resting his head on the tree behind him. 

He'd finally made it. He was safe with in a walls of the base. After everything that had happened he was finally with his friends again, relieved he could finally do something about this glitch. 

But the more he learned about the world around him, the more out of reach beating the game felt. 

There were people out to kill him.

George shuddered at the thought, from the outside world there was almost no way to tell, but once one joined they would be immediately hit with such a reality, and it was frightening to think about the number of players who logged in, only to just die. 

And become enderman bait. 

"You not going to join everyone?" A familiar voice asked, prompting George to turn around and gave his masked friend a smile. "They're all at the eating hall."

"No, I just figured I'd just meet everyone tomorrow." George replied. "I'm still really tired, and I think my mind needs a break."

Dream chuckled. "Yeah from all the stalking you did of my profile." 

George shot up, his glasses falling on his face. "I did not stalk!" He argued over Dream's laughter. "I merely checked and noticed something. Who the hell told you anyways?" 

"Bad did." Dream answered, obviously amused by his friend. "You'd have known that if you ate with us, but then again it's not like I can blame you when I'm doing the same thing." He said as he took a seat next to George, pulling out a bowl of mushroom stew.

George smiled, pulling up his shades as the sun's rays hit his eyes. "Why the hell do you guys eat dinner so early?!" 

"So we can all get to sleep before night duh." Dream responded. "I mean the base is full of torches, but just in case monsters spawn." 

He perked up slightly at the mention of mobs. He hadn't actually encountered one yet, but he wasn't even confident he could beat a simple zombie in his state.

"Interesting." George said, as he took a better look at the base. It was huge, and heavily fortified and well hidden. It must've taken a while to build. "Are like all the players here?" George asked. "You know the ones who aren't trying to kill us." 

Dream shook his head. "I mean certainly a lot of them, but no, not all." He said. "There are other bases like this one, led by different people, and we usually team up for the important stuff." 

"Interesting." George tilted his head at the new information. "Hmm, who leads this one? Do you, Commander Dreeeaam?" George said, joking exaggerating his friends name causing him to chuckle.

"It's a board of a bunch of really good players." He explained, amused at his friends antics, or more less happy to just be with him in general. "But yeah, I guess I'm a part of that board."

"Interesting." George repeated. "So how many people are here?"

"I don't know, few thousand." Dream shrugged. "We're one of the bigger bases though."

"Inchrestin-" George repeated again causing Dream to roll his eyes under the mask. 

"Enough with the inchresting, you're such an idiot." He said making George lightly giggle.

He moved closer to Dream, his childish laugh's echoing. Dream was about to blush at the sudden proximity before George started yelling straight into his ear.