Chapter 41

"You're really mad at me for doing that?" I poked her.

She moved her shoulders and scooted away.

"Wow." Tori said, amused at the both of us.

It was the next day, after swimming all night we got our good sleep. Chloe got a text this morning that the electricity was fixed and thus leading us to now, at lunch, eating below the tree we usually sit.

"What did you do?" She scolding like asked.

She opened a pack of chips and set it down in the middle, leaving it open for anyone to get.

"Nothing!!" I said, defending myself. "I was just in the mood to play aro-"

"You drowned me and didn't gave me that hug you promised." She crossed her arms.

Tori's eyebrows rose and she looked at me.

I decided to ignore her and reply to Chloe "it's just a hug." I rolled my eyes.

"Did I miss something?" Tori asked.

"Not much." I shrugged, "I mean, I understand why you didn't came over since Chlo said you were helping your mom."

She looked at me in confusion, "mom was at work?"

She said and turned over to Chloe, having eye contact. "and- and that's why I stayed at home because I had to clean." She added, slightly nodding.

"Chlo just admit you're too lazy to get your phone and Tori it's fine, we just made cookies and went to their pool." I rolled my eyes

Hearing the words made cookies, Tori's eyes widen and she snapped her neck towards me.

I gave her a thin lipped smile and shrugged.

Chloe just nervously laughed.

"Still mad at me?"

"Yes." They both said.

I sighed, "you." I poked at the shoulder, "I hugged you when I jumped on you to that water last night"

She gasped, "IT WA-"

"And you." I cut her off and pointed at Tori, "We'll bake cookies whenever."

I grabbed the soda next to me and opened it, a small sizzling sound ignited.

Tori smiled, satisfied with what I said while Chloe pouted and crossed her arms even more.

"You're unfair." she grumpily said.

"If you wanted a hug so bad ask one from Tori."

Tori leaned forward and hugged Chloe, "there there." She said, slowly patting her head.

They both pulled away, "you okay now?" She asked.

"Doesn't feel like a promised hug." She complained.

"Stop acting like a child." I rolled my eyes.

"It's just a hug that you promised."

"Exactly." I nodded, "It's just a hug."

"Whatever." She picked a piece of chip and ate away.

"Hey guys!" We looked over and saw Kristy walking to us.

She sat beside Tori and dipped her hand inside the packet and popped a chip in her mouth.

"Why are you here?" I narrowed my eyes at her, I looked around saw her friend circle two trees away, secretly observing us. They immediately turned away when they noticed I was glaring at them.