one

*before you all go on, no, the character in this book is not like seaver.*

At the solid age of three years old, my father told my mother and I to never associate with anyone who did criminal justice work. He warned us that they were horrible people, that sometimes the people they hunted were innocent.

But of course, by the time my dad left us when I was six, my mom was already dating a filthy rich detective. And by the time I was twenty five, I was a new member of the B.A.U. team in Quantico, Virginia. Just like my father told us not to do.

I guess we hadn't listened to him because we thought very differently than he did. The two of us were different from him in the fact that I liked to catch the killers, my mom liked marrying the detectives, and my dad... well, he liked being notorious for his sixty two murders.

I had honestly joined the team in spite of him, I was trying to right all the wrongs he had done. Sometimes it was great, but sometimes it was stressful, you know?

I mean, you probably wouldn't know. That's why you're reading this. Because you want to know the stressors of this job, because you're interested in more than just the crimes. You're interested in what the team does behind closed doors. I'll share that, too. Just because I'm feeling extra nice. I joined in 2005, roughly around the time Dr. Spencer Reid was recruited as a profiler, around the time Aaron Hotchner took the role as Unit Chief. I was moved from the team in 2007 to work at a different Bureau, but now I was back. It was three years later, I was twenty eight, and it seemed to be a great morning for my first day back. I entered the office with a few boxes,

"Oh my God, Ronnie!" I heard, making me turn my head. There hurried a happy Penelope, and my eyes widened. A huge grin appeared on my face and I put my bags down on my desk.

"PG!" The two of us engulfed each other with hugs, both laughing at how excited we were.

"I've missed you so much, you have no idea. Gideon left, David Rossi took his place" As we let go of one another, I looked at her in shock. I loved Gideon, he was like a father figure to Spencer and I. He was probably my favorite person to talk to,

"Jason left?" She nodded,

"That's not even the worst part. What's worse is that Hotch and Haley got divorced!"

Finally.

I pretended to look upset, pushing my circle glasses up a little on the bridge of my nose.

"Wow, really? He was so in love with her" She walked towards my desk and started helping me unpack everything.

"Morgan told me she got up and left with Jack one night. They've been divorced for almost a year now, separated for a year and a half" She was telling me all the details, until she got cut off by someone speaking.

"No way, giggles?" I turned my head a little, smiling when I saw the one and only Derek Morgan. He held his arms out to signal he wanted a hug, and honestly, I wanted one from him too.

"Hey hot chocolate" We wrapped our arms around one another, and he started to laugh.

"Oh you know I missed that" He revealed as he let go of me, and I nodded.

"You have no idea," was my initial response. "So, how is everyone? I mean, other than Gideon and Hotch. I really can't believe he left" I placed my bag in my spinny chair,

"Well did Garcia tell you she's got a new man?" I gasped and looked at her with wide eyes, not believing at Derek had just told me.

"Excuse me? When were you going to tell me that!" She blushed and looked up at the sky, a small grin following. She was about to answer me, but she was interrupted by the familiar voice that cracked whenever it got overly excited.