| 23 | fifa

This chapter is dedicated to jazzymm77 for all your comments and the support

This chapter is dedicated to jazzymm77 for all your comments and the support. It's greatly appreciated <3

"Devin's been arrested."

I freeze, unable to process her words.

"What?" I exclaim as the tears on my face gradually dry off.

"I just found out from Stalon," Yara reveals, equally petrified as I am, "I heard he was arrested at his club hours ago for getting into a stupid physical fight with some gang leader."

"Where the hell is the police station?" I demand between erratic breaths.

"I'll text you the address," she alerts before disconnecting the call.

Once the address is sent, I waste no time copying it to the GPS navigator on the vehicle's touch screen.

I dial the number of the police department next to find out if Devin's bail has been granted by a judge.

Upon learning the bail amount, I stop at the bank for a quick cash withdrawal before rushing to the police department.

Unconcerned by my decision to exceed the speed limit, I arrive at my destination minutes later.

How could he be so reckless?

For a businessman, Devin often fails to make smart decisions, putting his reputation at risk.

Police vehicles are the first things I see as I dash into the lobby of the police department.

A few patrol officers are positioned behind their desks; making reports back to back.

I scan the area for any traces of Devin but to no avail.

Impatient, I march towards the nearest desk of an officer before plonking the duffel bag of cash in my hand.

"I'm here to release Devin Kashmir," I announce in a sharp tone which causes the bulky officer to shift his irritated gaze to mine.

"Show me some ID," he orders; his southern accent traceable in his gruff voice.

In seconds, I comply before he swings his gaze back and forth from the ID card to me.

This officer is losing my patience more by the second as he takes his sweet time processing the information displayed on the card before typing on his desktop.

"What relation do you have with the accused?" he interrogates.

"I'm his sister,"

The policeman stares patronizingly at me which causes my blood to boil.

"Mam, your brother is faced with very serious charges," he insinuates as if I'm not already aware of that, "The first is an assault for causing real physical harm onto the victim in public. On top of that—"