For Who You Are - Revali x Female!Reader

Thank you to @Murph795 for requesting this!

~ Reader's POV ~

"Why does a Hylian have wings?"

"Why are you in this village? Go to where the rest of the Hylians are!"

"You don't belong here, misfit!"

I had heard almost every insult thrown at me by the little kids of Rito Village. I was a Hylian, but with F/C wings on my back. I had moved to Rito Village since every time I had tried to use my wings in any of the Hylian towns, people would yell at me and make the same comments about me. It was all so frustrating, I wonder how someone else my kind would handle this.

I'm pretty sure I was the only one of these hybrids that exist, sadly. But nonetheless, I had decided to base my career on aerial combat, and I knew at least one person that would help me with that.

Revali of the Rito, champion of Hyrule, the one that boards the Divine Beast Vah Medoh. He, of course, lived in Rito Village, but I was also sure he was busy training and doing other champion work. Even with all of that, I had decided to fly over to the Flight Range and ask him if he would train me. As I expected, he straight up declined the offer and also threw some insults at me, some I were familiar with. But I wouldn't give up. I kept asking him over and over again, every single day until he was annoyed enough to accept. Lessons started only once a week, but soon he made enough room in his schedule to allow me to train for about 3 days a week, some while he was gone. I was just practicing then.

But one thing happened that was unexpected, he had asked me out for dinner, while we discussed some things about how I needed to work harder and things like that, but I bet he wanted to discuss more than that. Since that day, Revali had been inviting me over to his house and every little offer he could throw my way until he finally confessed. He told me he liked me and wanted to be something more than 'friends'. I, accepted, and we had started a relationship together.

I still hadn't told him about the teases and looks that everyone gave me as I went throughout the village. That's mainly the reason why I'm either in my house, Revali's house, or at the Flight Range. Revali noticed this weird behavior, but I made excuses, telling him that I hadn't gotten used to the village or that I was an introvert.

But today, I had a pretty bad day. While I trained, I had missed all the targets, Revali didn't even say goodbye to me like he usually did, and now the normal teases the little Ritos gave me while I bought more arrows at the General Shop. This time, I had walked home instead of flying. My house was not one of the Rito, but it was built right next to the Flight Range, a Hylian made house.

Once I had got there, I sat on my bed carefully, thinking to myself that everything was going to be okay and that I was okay. I was too sensitive though, and I felt tears coming straight from my eyes. I cried out, wondering if anybody loved me for who I was, or if I should just leave.

But then, I heard the door to my house open. Nobody had come around. Nobody except...

"Y/N?"

I instantly wiped the tears off of my face and turned the other way, knowing it was Revali. I wouldn't let my boyfriend see me so vulnerable, he shouldn't even be here at this hour!

"What are you doing here so early?!" I sounded harsh, and soon regretted it. I was just so frustrated right now, and I wanted to tell him everything that was happening, but I couldn't. He probably wouldn't care anyways.

"Do you not want me to be here? What's wrong?" I felt the bed sink in, and he took my face, forcing me to face him. I looked into his emerald eyes with guilt. I hated hiding things from him.

"You can't hide things from me. Please tell me what's wrong."

I burst into tears once again. Not because of my bad day, but because I forgot to think that he cared about me. He had started wiping the tears off of my face, even if they kept coming. He even kissed me on the forehead and whispered lovingly things to me. I felt so special in that moment. Once my crying fest was over, I had to start explaining everything to him, but I didn't want to. Things went by so fast, and I wasn't ready to tell him. I don't think I would ever be ready to tell him. Every insulting comment coming towards my way like I was hit by a train, it was too much to say. But that once salty and careless bird that had insulted me before had turned so loving and caring to me. I am and am still very grateful for it to this day, and it also proves that people can change.

"I..." I couldn't speak. I didn't know how to respond. I didn't know where to start. And if I had ranted to Revali, I would only cry more. And I am sick of crying so much.

I darted my head down. I couldn't do it.

But his voice... Revali's voice... had still spoken to me.

"Whatever the matter Y/N. I am still here. You don't have to tell me right now, or ever if you don't want to. But I am here and I haven't given up on you. Hylia, I don't think I'll ever give up on someone so confident, even if she has gotten so much hate for being who she truly is." Revali gave me a caring look.

After hearing that, I froze.

He knew all along?

I looked back to him, biting my lip in case I had tried to cry. "Revali..." It was like the Rito had read my mind like a book. He had probably known every single time I was down, but never confronted me about it. But even so, he knew exactly what to say and what to do. That's when you know he's the perfect one for you.

No words could express whatever feeling I had, so I had kissed him on his beak, on his forehead, and both of his cheeks. Even though I couldn't see it, I know he was blushing and was embarrassed. I giggled a little bit, and he pulled me in for a hug. You see, these were the soft moments that I rarely got to experience. But even with no attention some of the times, I knew he cared and I knew that he would be there for me. At least I have it confirmed now.

"But still, why are you here early?" I asked, still hugging him. Revali was so warm, and his feathers were so soft. Even though it was a little difficult to hug me with my wings, we had gotten used to it.

"Uh, so.. I had told the princess about your behavior, since of course I, Revali of the Rito, am an expert on emotions. Putting aside the fact that I am amazing, she had told me to go home and to tell you all of this."

I stared at him blankly, before raising an eyebrow in question.

"So she told you to tell me that? Every single word?"

Revali had processed this before finally realizing what I meant. Once he did, he jumped up and panicked. "OF COURSE NOT! I OBVIOUSLY TOLD YOU THIS ON MY OWN ACCOUNT!"

Now this is when I laughed. I loved seeing him so egotistical, even in the weirdest ways possible. As I said, he always knew what to do.

"Ah Revali but you see here, you're not an emotional expert. You're seriously so inflated over your own self awareness!" I argued with him, but in a loving way. I teased him a lot when he got very 'aSiNinE'.

Revali gasped dramatically, and he tackled me onto the bed. "I hate you!"

Now it was your turn to gasp dramatically. "I LOVE YOU TOOO!"

I was so happy in this moment. I knew Revali would always be by my side and I knew that everything was going to be okay.

This was the best day ever.