Chapter 1

"Can you tell me again where you are?"

"Seriously Skylar?" Paris said through the phone.

"Seriously Paris. Not even your parents know where you are, so I need to know in case something happens."

Paris sighed giving in.

"Fine. I'm on some town in Scotland. That's all I'll say."

"Paris—I know you can do whatever you want but it's been a year since you left. Do you even plan on returning."

Does she even plan on returning at all? She's not sure, theres really nothing left for her there and here she has the start of a new life, kind of. And yet she's not sure if she'll stay for good or just go somewhere else — her dad's family side hometown was an option but the thought of being so close to her parents made her ill or more like close to her father.

"I'm not sure yet —I'll totally let you know though."

She heard her sigh from the other side. "You should call Chelsea you know."

"I know."

"Then why haven't you?"

"I'm maybe kind of... scared?"

Skylar chuckled finding her misery entertaining. "You should be you missed her wedding —didn't even call her after to know how it went. She is fuming mad at you."

And she has all the right to be, she does not blame her. When Paris left she was really heartbroken by the break up, to the point she just simply couldn't stay there. She had to leave. Other than being heartbroken she was mad at Riley but mostly at herself. Paris didn't want to talk to anyone and she made sure no one knew where she was —but Skylar of course, always finds the way.

Again she should've seen coming what happened. They were unhappy for a long time. She also knows that that's what she gets for starting the relationship by cheating on her previous partner, this was just life's retaliation.

They were doomed from the very beginning.

"I know, I know. I will call her but not just yet I need to gather up some courage first."

"Sure. Also, Riley has been a pain in the ass asking where you are."

Paris pinched the bridge of her nose at that. "Do not tell her where I am."

"I won't—just thought you should know. Anyway I have to go, talk to you later?"

"Yeah, bye." Paris hung up after Skylar replied with a 'bye'.

She sighed and downed her glass of wine that rested on the table.

Even if she's on the other side of the world Riley still manages to disturb her peace. Paris doesn't understand why Riley keeps on trying to contact her -— she thought she made it pretty clear that what they had is over. It's been a year and Riley is yet to move on. Paris herself is not saying that she has but she believes is getting there.

Leaving Los Angeles was the best thing she could have ever done.

She reminds herself every day that she didn't just leave because of the break up, but to also work on herself. She wanted to become a better friend. A better person.

Paris checked the time on her phone and pondered on whether to serve herself another glass of wine or head out to town.

In this 'small town' there's not much to do other than go to the mountains and things like that or go to the clubs or head to the city. It's a nice place to live in. Paris has been here for a year now and she feel like she can call it home more than she can do so to Los Angeles or New York.