The Pleasure in Pain... (Draco Malfoy love story) - the truth

A/N: I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER!! Much to my disappointment none of the characters (apart from maybe Carmen,) or settings. Only the plot line can I receive partial credit for but even then there are so many like it that I refuse full credit for this story!

Chapter 7 – The truth.

I woke up from the first night in three years without a single nightmare! I walked over to the bathroom, locking it as I walked in and climbing into the shower. As the hot water washed over my body, washing away the dried tears I thought about how and when I planned on telling her. I had to do it soon. I had to, I couldn’t wait any longer. I was going to tell her today! How I would tell her was another thing entirely. I think that I would do it before dinner. I couldn’t wait any longer. I wonder how she will take it; I mean she thinks that I love some Hufflepuff probably. Not a wonderful, smart, brave Gryffindor. I hope that if she doesn’t return the feelings we can still remain friends. I would die if we didn’t! Besides she was basically the only friend I have, and if I lose her then I lose Harry and Ron, who aren't as bad as I thought they were. It would be a shame if I lost the only friends I had, I would have to put up with the taunts of the Slytherins and that crazy Carmen. I sighed and started to put shampoo in my hair when there was a knock on the door.

"Draco?" A timid voice called from behind the door.

"Yes Hermione!" I shouted over the shower.

"Um could I come in quickly?" She asked, clearly embarassed.

"Just give me a second!" I called back, quickly rinsing out my hair before turning off the shower and shaking my head to dry my hair out a bit. I stepped out of the shower and grabbed one of the thick green towels on the rail. I walked over to the side and grabbed my wand, unlcking the door magically before starting to brush my teeth. I looked around when Hermione walked through the door. She was staring at my six pack and not being subtle either. I laughed and spat the toothpaste out before rinsing my mouth out and leaving the room.

"So how did you sleep?" I called.

"Not too badly! You?" She called back from the bathroom. I chuckled.

"Brilliantly! The first night in years that I haven't had a nightmare so I think it was pretty good to be honest!" I shouted back. I heard the shower turn on and sighed. Well at least I had finished off in there before leaving. I walket over to my cupboard and looked inside before pulling out a pair of faded jeans and a black t-shirt that wasn't too tight but still showed off my muscles nicely. I shook my head again, this time more vigorously to dry off my hair and get that messy effect that I usually had nowadays. I sighed and pulled on my clothes before going and lying on my bed with a good book. A few minutes later Hermione came out of the bathroom and I got up and walked to the common room, closing the door on the way out. I thought that she deserved her privacy. When she was done changing she walked out into the common room and sat down beside me on the sofa.

"Hermione, I have something to tell you!" I said before looking at her sideways. "I just don't want you to freak out! Promise me now that whatever I say to you, we will stay friends!" I said in a pursuasive tone of voice.

"Of course we will Draco! Why wouldn't we?" She queried.

"Just promise please!" I almost begged her.

"Alright I promise!" She said eventually. I took a deep breath before looking her in the eyes.

"Hermione, three years ago I fell in love with teh most wonderful person on Earth!" I said taking in her confused look. "Three years ago I fell in love with a muggleborn!" She still looked confused. "Three years ago Hermione, I fell in love with you!" I said quietly, hearing her sharp intake of breath. I looked up at her and saw something in her eyes. She reached out her hand and placed it on my cheek. I closed my eyes, leaning my face into hr soft hand. I opened my eyes when I felt warm breath on my lips. All I saw was a pair of gorgeous choclate brown eyes before the lips that I had dreamed about for years crashed down on my own. For a millesecond I was paralised with shock. After a second I kissed her back. pouring all the love from teh past three years into this one moment. I slowly licked my lips across hers and was surprised when her mouth opened allowing me entrance. My tongue happily explored her mouth for a bit before withdrawing so that she could explore mine. We carried on like this for a while until we had to break apart for air. Instead of breathing heavily like she did I trailed little butterfly kisses down her jaw and neck, gently sucking just at the side of her neck so that nobody would see the hickey that I had given her unless she tied up her hair. I kissed back up her neck and up her jaw, kissing just beside her ear. I trailed my lips back across her soft cheek and to her lips once more. I pulled her onto my lap, resting my hands on her hips as hers tangled themsleves in my hair, tugging gently and running her hands through the silky blonde mess. my own hands were suddenly burried in her gorgeous brown hair. I moaned against her lips as she started moving her hips against mine. I pushed her back so that she was lying back on the sofa. I suddenly realised that it was Saturday and that we could go down to Hogsmede. I trailed my hands down her body before grinning at her.

"You don't know how many timed I have dreamed of htis moment!" I told her. She smiled that most playfull smile and laughed at my face. we sat up and cought our breath. "You want ot go to breakfast?" I asked her after a while.

"Yeah sure! Want ot sit with me at the Gryffindor table?" She answered. I nodded happily and grabbed her hand pulling her up off the sofa and into my arms. I hugged her tightly, planting a light kiss on her forehead. Suddenly I  had an idea. I smiled down at her.

"Want a piggyback?" I asked and she squeeled excitedly and I turned around. She took a running jump, landing with her arms around my necka nd her legs around my waist. I thought wickedly of how much fun we could have if she was the other way around. I smirked slightly, halfway between a smirk and a smile. I walked to the door and out of he common room. When I got down the stairs hermione decided to cover my eyes and guid me from her perch on my back. laughing I played along. following her instructions exactly. I could tell that we were getting some strange looks but neither of us cared. We were happy that is all that mattered! laughing when I walked into the doors to the main hall because Hermione thought that it would be funny to give me directions that made me walk into the doors. I laughed as she jumped down from my back and, grabbing my hand walked inside the great hall and to her usual seat at he Gryffindor table. After a while Harry turned up and said goodmorning before staring to pick at his toast.

"Hermione whats up with you and Ron?" Harry asked eventually.

"He was cheating on me with a fifth year and we are over!" Hermione said indifferently.

"Oh, I'm sorry"- Harry started but was cut off by Hermione.

"Its fine, I realised a while ago that it was like going out with a brother! And that I liked someone else! I found out this morning that they liked me too!" She sang happily. I smiled happily when she said that and dug into my own plate of food. Harry looked confused for a second but after looking between me and Hermione and noticing both of our brilliant moods his fae lit up with realsiation.

"You two make a great couple you know!" He said out of eh blue and me and Hermione both grinned like idiots. "You two are so immature!" He laughed as we made silly ovey dovey faces at each other jokingly. We laughed and chatted about this and that. I couldn't help but feel pleased that Ron was here. But my happiness was short lived when the fiery red head walked in about five minutes later. I looked up at him as he walked in and sat huffily beside Harry. Hermione looked away and just kept eating her breakfast.

"Hey are you ok?" I asked her quietly.

"Yeah I just feel kinda weird around Ron at the moment!" She answered, equally as quiet.

"You wanna go for awalk?" I asked her. She nodded her head and we git up, said goodbye to the others and walked from the great hall.

A/N: Ok a short chapter, but alot happens!!!! I am so glad that she finally knows!!!!! Woohoo!!!! Next chapter will be awesome!!!!

COMMENT!!!!! VOTE!!!!!!!!! FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3!!!!!!