Chapter Thirty-Three

"WHAT HAPPENED BACK ON EARTH NOVA?" Thor asked in a demanding tone, "why were you in Grapevine that night?"

The girl knew exactly what he was referring to. Nova's big plan to track down her father, a road that she could never return from. She desperately wanted to spare him the details, tell him it was just a little vacation, but the conversation was heading to something far more important.

Nova's sighed softly taking a seat next to the God on the bench ignoring the dull ache in her chest. The smell of nature gave her a calming sense as she began to explain.

"My father left when I was young. I went to Grapevine to look for him I guess to find some type of clarity. He's really the only family I had left and after everything that happened in New York-"

She paused looking down at her hands, "I thought I'd never see you guys again so I figured that would fill the void."

When she didn't continue Thor placed a hand on hers that was nervously tapping against her thigh.

"Anyways," she continued, "I found my father alright. Turns out he was just the asshole I pictured him to be. I wasted three months of my life trying to find him and instead of getting any sort of relief, I get kidnapped by your brother."

Nova could feel the tension in the air at the mention of Loki. Although Thor was filled with rage of what his brother had done, Nova was filled with something much stronger. Curiosity.

"What happened to Loki anyways?" she asked innocently glancing up at him through dark lashes.

Thor pressed his lips together in a firm line shaking his head. The movement caused blonde strands of hair to drop in front of his eyes.

"Never mind that," he mumbled in a deep tone.

He looked out among the horizon almost as like the conversation stung him.

"I'm sorry."

"What for?"

She looked at Thor with a sideways glance trying to read his thoughts. His expressions didn't leave much to work with.

"I didn't mean to bring that up, I know it bothers you," Nova Lee said softly.

The God of Thunder sighed running his thumb over her slender fingers,"I just need you safe, knowing you were in danger and not being able to protect you just drove me mad."

Thor was being honest, after the girl left the tower he felt as if his whole purpose had vanished. He desperately tried to forget it, even considered returning to Asgard alone. But he knew that home wouldn't feel like home unless Nova was there.

"Well my days of running into danger are over," She mumbled in amusement her freckles scrunching against her nose in the process.

"That doesn't seem to be the case," Thor said pointing to the mark on her chest lightly.

"I hardly feel it."

Thor however could see right through the pause in her voice. It pained him to know that she was harmed and it was his fault. Why wouldn't the mark just heal? What would have to be done to assure her safety again?

"I believe I've made the right decision bringing you here. We have the means to find a cure. You shall be safe."

Although the god spoke the words confidently, for once he didn't feel so sure.

"And when I'm healed then what?"

The silence in the air was so loud. Nova turned her head away from the blonde pretending to be more interested in the butterfly landing nearby. Thor didn't know the answer so he chose his words carefully.

"I'm not entirely sure what happens then," he said quietly keeping his hand on top of hers.

"You'll send me back to May? I doubt the Avengers will take me back I'm no help to them there. Maybe I could work for a journal again. I'm sure I could find a cheap apartment to move into... somewhere."

Nova's words were scattered and unorganized almost as if she didn't believe in them either.

"And is that what you would desire?"

The girl from earth finally turned to meet the gods piercing eyes. Within them she found purpose. "What I desire doesn't come from earth."

Thor couldn't keep his eyes off her. He reached his hand up to cradle the face that was buried beneath the hood. He wanted her, more than anything he ever desired before. In that moment he knew he'd give anything to remain close to her. He'd fight battles, he'd wage wars, he would even give up all the prizes he had ever been given to hold her in his arms. Her face inched closer to his almost as if she were daring him jump. And so he did.

Thor pressed his lips to hers softly, almost as if he were touching the fragile petal of a flower. The sudden movement was a surprise to Nova, but she soon morphed into him falling desperately into his chest like the space between them was just too far. Her chest felt tingling of power before all the burning and aching of the past year disappeared. In that moment she felt electrified.

Thor finally pulled away but kept his lips inches away from hers.

"I have a great amount of love for you," he mumbled sweetly against her lips.

Nova couldn't stop the smile from spreading onto her face.

"What a fickle thing," She muttered breathlessly.

Thor forced his lips away from hers fearing the closeness would suck him back in. Instead he peered into the pools of her brown eyes.

"There's nothing fickle about my loyalty to you. I have loved you since our first meeting on earth. I was drawn to you before I could even help myself. I would go to the ends of the realms for you my sweet girl. Is that not enough?"

Her smile warmed his chest with the familiar feeling of tranquility.

"You promise that God of Thunder?" Nova Lee asked mockingly running her finger tips over his thick beard.

"I swear to you."

Her tone grew serious for a moment as she looked at the man in front of her. This wasn't a college relationship kinda love. This wasn't the love you feel for a friend or even for family. This love was unearthly. Something Nova never believed she was capable of.

"I promise you, that you have my heart."

Thor smiled cradling her small figure into his chest, "Remember you're making promises with a god, I have forever to keep them."

But instead of responding Nova just placed her lips back on his savoring the kiss of the god.

———

the long awaited kiss finally happened & there's also a beautiful gif of thor to stare at ^^

leave your reactions in the comments ;)