12

"Don't touch her!" Tim barked. Damian only pressed the tip of his blade further against Marinette's skin, drawing blood. 

"YOU!" Ashe swung her feather sword, attempting to slice at Damian. A batarang cut through it, not damaging it, but stopping it from landing a hit on Damian. 

"WHAT THE HELL ?!" she screamed. 

"No killing ." Batman glared. Ashe curled her lip up in annoyance. 

"No killing? Mother told me you were one who wouldn't hesitate to kill." 

"I had a reason. You and the League can't go around killing people for no reason," Batman said. 

"Well, guess what? I now have a reason, Father!" Damian's sword pierced through Batman's torso, coming through the back. Damian smirked in triumph, only to see that Batman seemed ...

Unaffected? 

A static-y wave ran through it. 

"A hologram?!" Damian hissed. From behind another A / C box, Nova and Jason, alongside Oracle's little visual bot watched as the miniscule box displaying the hologram blinked red. The two ducked down in union, hearing the warning whistling, before: 

KABLAM! 

Red smoke filled the area, blinding Damian and some of the other assassins. 

"SHIT!" Damian cursed, tearing up at the smoke. The Batfam had all covered their airways, allowing them to take down the assassins. Ashe swooped under Damian's legs, grabbing his katana. Dick picked up Marinette, unwrapping the chains tying her together. 

"JASON!" 

Jason, now as Red Hood, decked out in his hero costume, leapt over the box, sliding over to Dick. 

"Take her, run." 

"Got it. NOVA!" 

The lilac haired vigilante nodded. She took out a grappling gun, attaching a zip line handle, and a zip line carrier. Jason ran over, Marinette in his arms. He placed her onto the carrier, strapping her in. He then grabbed the carrier, holding it closer to him, grabbing his own handle, taking a leap off the four-story mansion. 

"NO!" an assassin roared. Tim tackled Damian, pinning him down. Damian and him threw fists at each other, landing on punch on either of them. Meanwhile, on the zipline, Jason leaped off, gently removing Marinette. 

"Not so fast, Todd." 

Emerging from the shadows was a whole gang of armed assassins and ...

Talia Al fucking Ghul. 

"Ah, Talia, long time no see," Jason stood in front of Marinette, pulling out his twin pistols. 

"You look good for someone who's supposed to be dead ." 

"Why thank you. I got the Lazarus Pit treatment. It's very nourishing, although the 'waters' smell like eggs and the neon green highlighter color isn't really cutting it," Jason spun around his pistols, pointing one at Talia. 

Talia snorted. "Be thankful. If it hadn't been for my father's pity, you still would be dead. Now then. We paid you a favor by reviving you. Now do me a favor. And hand over the girl." 

"Over my dead body." (I couldn't help it-) 

"Then we'll have to do this the hard way." 

Talia charged at him, fist raised. Jason was forced the drop his guns to block her incoming punch. Talia kicked his shin, clanging against the metal plate atop his boots. He pushed her away, grabbing one of his pistols. However, that was a kind of bitch move, as Talia was now in an open position to snatch up Marinette. 

"FUCKING SHIT BITCH!" Jason shouted. Talia had Marinette in her arms, taking a leap off the building. 

'SHE GOT AWAY!' 

'THEN FOLLOW HER YOU DUMBASS!' 

Jason mimicked Ashe's tone, leaping off after Talia. 

"Alright bitch, hand her over or else!" he sprinted next to Talia, smacking her away. Talia fell to floor, Marinette right beside her. 

"This is why you don't run in heels. Unless your Ashe. Bitch ." Jason took Marinette again , grappling to a taller building. Right before he could though, he was smashed through a window, landing in an empty office. 

Talia knelt next to him, repeatedly smashing into his helmet, denting it. 

"ARGH!" Jason grabbed a lock of her hair, pulling. Talia slammed into his armor plated chest, earning herself a decent bruise. She bared her teeth, taking out a knife. Jason rolled over in time, covering Marinette's body with his own right before the knife could take either of them out. More. Ish? 

"Listen here, lady. Marinette is with us, and you can't take her with your mangy cat claws," Jason barely dodged a punch coming from her. 

"Too bad. Agreste had already promised both her and her miraculous in exchange for access to the Lazarus Pits," Talia said, kicking Jason in the stomach. 

"GAWK!" Jason coughed. He staggered back, catching himself on a desk. 

"I see the strength enhancement of the Pits-" 

Jason snorted. "Sorry. Just say the full thing. Continue." 

Talia rolled her eyes. "I see the strength enhancement of the LAZARUS Pits had been wearing off. You've grown weak." 

"Shit, did I miss a subscription on my monthly sewer water? How do I renew it?" 

Talia grabbed the collar of his aviator jacket, pulling him close. From the vents in his helmet he could smell her breath. 

'Ohh~ peppermintttt'  

"You joke around about the waters too much. You must want another death wish. Just a quicker one. I'll make sure that there's less crowbars, more..." 

SCHLICK.

Jason's eyes moved down to where a knife had impaled him.

"Knife."

He coughed, blood dripping out of his helmet. 

"Y-you want this back, or can I keep it?" 

Talia grew more and more angry each joke he made. She headbutted him, cracking the top layer of his helmet. 

"Nice forehead... b-bitch," he winced as another knife sunk into his stomach. Talia punched him, causing him to topple over. Jason yelled in pain as Talia sliced through his right arm. 

"There. Now you know not to mess with the League of A-"

"ASSES!" a voice cut in. 

"WHO?!" a boot plunged into Talia's cheek. Standing with one foot on top was Black Bat in all her glory. 

(t.b.c you all must hate me. why not get to the plot already? 'cause... idk. tomorrow's my birthday and today's my mom's so imma be taking off. KACHOWWWW!)