CHAPTER III

And everything went from wrong to right

And the stars came out and filled up the sky

The music you were playing really blew my mind

It was love at first sight

LIONEL

I knew she was my mate the moment I saw her drinking water by the creek. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her. Her determined blue-green eyes had my heart doing jumping jacks in my chest. The way her mane of long black hair swung when she walked. I mind linked my beta, Michael, as soon as I saw her.

Join me in the forest by the lake. I think you are going to have a luna.

I heard him whistle through the mind link.

Oh yeah who is it? he asked

I think she's a witch.

Be there in a sec.

****

"Do we really have to climb after her?" Michael asked. As we climbed the inclination in human form.

"She's gonna be your luna, her safety is the pack's responsibility." I replied.

"You are so in love Lionel." he sniggered.

I rolled my eyes in response and kept climbing.

Now, I have to admit. The witch in front of me was a much better climber. Even though, we were werewolves, her body was more flexible. It looked as though she had been doing it throughout her life. She climbed faster than us. She was way ahead.

She reached the top before the two of us owing to the fact she started climbing first. I didn't know why she was here but I just wanted to follow her. Somehow, I wanted to go everywhere with her. Suddenly, I was feeling so protective of her I thought I was going mad. I wanted nothing more to hug her and take her with me.

Geez, I don't even know her name.

By the time we reached the hill top I saw her ducking behind a cave like structure as though she was hiding from something. She might have heard our footfalls 'cause she immediately sprung into action and hid in a nearby bush.

Smart, beautiful, and dangerous. Excellent.

We quickly hid our footmarks. After all, we were wolves too. I wish I had brought some warm clothes. This weather was just too cold to travel in just a T shirt and jeans in human form.

From the distance, I saw a giant approach her. At first, she seemed defensive as though, she was ready to spring into action any moment, but then she relaxed and let the giant lead her to the front of the cave.

"Shall we go after them?" Michael asked.

"No cover over there. Let's wait. If anything goes wrong we'll be there." I said.

He nodded in response.

****

SAPPHIRE

I dodged the giant's first attack. I rolled under the buffoon's feet and stabbed him in the side of his knee. The giant staggered for a second but frost grew over his wound instantly healing him.

"What the fuck!" I cursed in surprise. If the giant kept healing like this how the hell was I supposed to ever escape out of here. The giant let out a rumble of evil, humourless laughter before breathing out frost. I was quick enough to dodge it once again though, the cold jet of air that brushed my back was as cold as liquid nitrogen.

The only thing I could do was defend. The giant wasn't giving me enough time to conjure a spell. At the rate things were going I would soon be sheesh-kebabbed by one of the giant's icicles. I could only hope for a saviour.

The giant sent another hailstorm of ice at me. I was too slow in building a shield of fire. Luckily, most of the ice melted of impact, but one of them brushed past my cheek leaving a nice sized gash. Who knew ice could be so sharp? My temporary state of disorientation gave the giant an advantage. He swatted me like a sack of potatoes, as I felt my ribs break on impact. I couldn't help the painful cry that escaped me. The giant threw me against the wall and I hit my head hard on a chunk of ice. I grunted in pain.

"They never understand the amount of damage frostbite and hypothermia can cause, do they?" he asked pulling my head back by my blood soaked hair.

I tried to retort, but nothing came out of my mouth instead of a few drops of blood.

That's when I heard it. The howling of a wolf.

No... it's not him. There are a lot of wolves in this world.

"Damn, those dogs." the giant grumbled, momentarily loosing his grip on me. I recalled the giant's only weakness. The mere scratch of a werewolf's claw could kill him. Hope flickered in the pit of my stomach. Enough for me to deliver a kick to his big ugly face, and stabbing his eye with his own ice shard.

The giant roared in pain, clutching his eye. I rolled out of his clutch, and hurled a wall of fire at him with whatever strength I had left in me. The giant roared even louder as flames licked his body. He wildly swatted at them. I smiled at my achievement. But, as always, there's a catch. After those flames I had no energy left in me, not even enough to walk. I collapsed on my knees as the giant advanced on me slowly.

"I wanted to give you a slow death," he said, "but it seems, you are too irritating for that... So lets finish this." he added placing a massive foot on my body and raised an icicle to stab me. I braced myself for what was to come.

But somehow it never came. The giant froze up. Like literally froze up. He turned to ice. And then at the speed of a glacier, the ice sculpture crumbled to ice dust all over me.

What I saw behind that, almost made me hope the sculpture hadn't crumbled.

He stood there.

In human form, one paw extended.

Staring at me.

The same brown eyes.

Blonde hair.

"You-" but before I could let out a string of sailor worthy curses, I fainted, from the strain my brain had to take.

****

LIONEL

I sank to the ground beside my mate. Her face was pale from the blood loss. I cradled her limp body in my arms. A wave of protectiveness for this woman surged through me. I held her closer, trying to warm her up as much as I could. Her breathing was shallow. Carefully, without hurting her, I picked her up in my arms.

I was aware of Michael watching me in silence from a corner, waiting for orders.

"We need to get her to the pack." I said.

"Shall I call the chopper? We can't climb down with her like this." Michael asked.

I nodded in response.

"I'll keep you safe, I promise." I whispered to my future Luna.

A/N

Hiii guys!

So first chapter with Lionel's pov. How do you like him so far? And how doe Sapphire seem to share a past with him already? Or rather someone who looked like him? Let me know your suspicion in the comments section.

Till then, lots of love <3 <3

See ya in the next update.

Byeee!