17

Dinner time came faster than expected, Xavier let me know I was to wear something nice, which wasn't fully in my style vocabulary.

I had my own style, I call it The Carmen. Rule number one, wear whatever the fuck you feel like wearing. Number two, well number one.

I chose a black dress. It was just above my knee, hugging my waist but flowy. I followed it up with diamond earrings my grandmother gave me on my fifteenth birthday.

My hair was left to its natural wavy state. Falling loose on my back. I was proud of my hair, I begged my mother to let me grow it out for years and she would never give in. Now it's halfway below my waist.

A knock on the door shook my heart, scaring the hell out of me. Running my hand over my hips once more, I breathe deeply before walking to the door.

"Hola." Xavier is playing irritated again.

"When does dinner start?" I question checking my nails. Harper let me borrow polish, I knew it was just an excuse to see Xavier but it was good enough for me.

A nice red. "It started." He says dryly moving down the hallway without me. He must be starving huh. "How come I'm always late."

He ignored me walking fast. I started to really wonder who these guests were. I walk in seeing a few chairs open making me feel better about being late. "You look nice honey." My fathers voice plays in my head.

"Thank you."

"Who is this?" Every eye was on the man. I didn't know his name, just that he was talking to me. I didn't know what to say.

I wasn't expecting Stefano to come to my rescue. "My guest." The man seemed pleased by his answer turning his head away from me.

"Did you have time to think of Fernandos proposal?" Stefano sits hit drink down, meeting my eyes. "I will pass."

The man cleared his throat. "That wouldn't be smart of you."

"Are you second guessing my Don Pako?" Giovanni asked rudely.

"It wouldn't be smart to answer that question." Stefano steps in. I look over to my parents to see dad very into the conversation, my mom watching me. I furrow my brows, she shakes her head.

Jax shifts next to me with a frightened look in his eyes. I reach out to grab his hand from under the table giving it a light squeeze.

Them men continued, talking of things I didn't understand. The food was brought out and I focused on the that. I focused on my brother, and his faces when he ate the food he's never tasted before.

I focused my mind on anything but him. He made it clear we were done. We didn't even have anything to start with.

After the dinner I went straight to my room being followed by Xavier. I paid him no mind wanting to do anything but see someone.

"Are you going to stay here all night?" Xavier crossed his arms. "It's my job."

"Okay."

"Are you alright?" He assumes. "Why wouldn't I be."

"I heard." I scoff putting my hand on the door knob. "Goodnight." I slam the door feeling lonely. A knock sounds, "What?" I say loudly.

No answer. I walk back to the door opening to see Jax. "Can I stay the night?" I nod, looking up to see Xavier on his phone. "Goddamn it." He shocks me by dashing down the hallway.

"What's up with him?"

"Nothing." I close the door and lock it before jumping onto the bed. "So Harpers mom gave me some paper and i've been drawing."