Departure

Tears instantly spring to my eyes as my world goes numb. They're here for me. They found out I was alive and now they're here to take me away. 

My glassy eyes move to the room where Sheriff Stilinski is being berated. All because of me. 

This is all my fault. 

Stiles is the first to move. Wrapping his arm around me as he goes to hurry me out of the station. 

"No." 

"What do you mean no? We gotta get you out of here Terra." 

"No, Stiles." I shake myself out of his grip. My superior strength helping me greatly. "I can't let your dad get in trouble for me. Not after everything he's done." 

Before he or Parrish can stop me, I barge into the Sheriff's office. The two of them turning towards me at the interruption. 

"You've finally come out of hiding." The woman sneers, obviously angry and tired of her job. 

"I wasn't hiding. There was a fire and I was declared dead so I ran away." I shrug, emotionally dead to the world at this point. 

Stiles flies into the room after me, handing off of the door frame, "She doesn't know what she's saying. That's not Terra. We don't know a Terra." 

"My name is Terra Blake. Please don't blame Sheriff Stilinski for me being here. I lied about my name so he didn't know." 

The woman glances to the Sheriff skeptically. "Is that true." 

Sheriff Stilinski hesitates, waiting for me to say or do something. I nod subtly and he releases a heavy sigh. "She told us her last name was Carter."

"Very well. Now that that is all sorted, let's get going." She smoothes down her pants suit, "Do you need to pack any of your belongings?" 

I wrap my father's leather jacket tighter around my body, shaking my head sadly, "No." I look up at Stiles, reaching a hand out to him which he instantly responds to. "Stiles. Thanks for taking me in and giving me a family. Thank you." 

"Terra. Please." 

"I'm ready." 

"Follow me." The woman sighs. 

The other officers watch us as we leave the sheriff's office. No particular emotion clear on their faces but it feels like they're greatful I'm leaving. As I pass Stiles, I whisper to him softly, "Maybe if I leave Lukas will follow."

He grips my wrist, "But what about the deadpool."

"They want me alive Stiles. I'll be fine." I smile, tears twinking in my eyes. "I'll be okay."

The woman unlocks the black car that Stiles had noticed earlier. "We have to get back to Oregon so we should leave now." 

"Right." I sigh. Climbing into the back seat, the woman closes the door behind me. She exchanges a few words with Sheriff Stilinski all the while Stiles stares at me forelornly. 

Almost too quickly, the woman enters the car and starts it up. As she pulls out of the station I glance back through the window, placing my hand on the glass. Stiles raises his hand in answer, and despite the distance I still feel his touch. 

"Goodbye." 

.

.

not edited