➽Chapter 17

"Well that wasn't the money he deserved

"Well that wasn't the money he deserved. It was Rajbir chachu's earnings and efforts. If not him or his son, this money needs to be transferred to his NGO. Atleast this would pay off some sins done by Mr Raghuvir" Adhyan spoke in determination to rectify all the mistakes of his father.

"Oh yes! Do whatever he says, what of you don't do and he kills you the same way Raghuvir bhaiya killed Rajbir bhaiya?" Nalini said and Dishank immediately responded, "Ma please whatever bade papa did was wrong but you can't blame Adi bhai for that"

"Why not blame him? At the end he is Raghuvir bhaiya's son. He has the same dirty blood has him." Nalini countered.

"Nalini, this isn't the time for all this. Business is a priority at this moment and if you have no inputs on that topic, stay quiet." Rajveer told his wife.

The discussion about the press conference took place between the family for some time before they went to their rooms.

✦✧✦✧

It was past midnight but Dishank couldn't sleep. He kept tossing and turning on the bed due to which Vritika's sleep got disturbed.

"Yaar D! If you can't sleep go out. Let me sleep please." Vritika said in irritation but she didn't get any response from him.

"D, I am talking to you. What's wrong?"

"Vriti, do you think bhai would be hurt of mom's words? What if he takes some wrong step in sadness, like leaving the business or something. He always does that when he is sad!" Dishank murmured and Vritika sighed.

"See I think bhai is responsible, he won't take such drastic steps and about mummyji, bhai knows how her nature is!" Vritika tried to console him but she was cut by Dishank, "But what he leaves the business? What if he hates me due to mumma?"

"D! Stop over thinking, everything will happen right and if something wrong happens, we are together right?" Vritika said and hugged him tight.

"Promise me you'll always support me?" Dishank asked

"I have your back, always. Don't worry and let's go to sleep. Tomorrow's a big day." Vritika promised him and both of them cuddled to sleep with a new hope.

✦✧✦✧

Next morning Revati woke up only to find the bed beside her empty.

"Where did Adhyan go and that to at five in the morning?” Revati thought to herself and later decided to call him, only to find his phone on the bedside table with a note attached to it.