4. Slytherin common room

°°°

°°°

Amelia walked beside her fellow first years toward the Slytherin common room. With each step they took toward the dungeons, Amelia's heart sank. She had always dreamed about being in the Gryffindor tower where she would be hanging out with her brother or planning pranks with Fred and George. She didn't want to be in the dark gloomy dungeons. Amelia couldn't help but think the Sorting Hat had made a mistake.

I would have thrived in Gryffindor! What a stupid hat. Could have at least put me in Ravenclaw. I would at least be with Mandy there. Amelia thought as they walked down a long corridor. 

" This way first Years!" Gemma Farley announce. 

The students stood in front of a stretched, damp stone wall. Amelia watched as Gemma uttered the word "Salazar" then a concealed stone door slide opened leaving a rectangular hole that leads into the Slytherin common room. 

 " Watch your step!" Gemma announced as all the first years walked inside. 

Upon entering the common room, first year's were immediately met with a dungeon-like room that had a green hue due to being located underneath the Black lake. It was decorated with black and dark green button-tufted couches, study tables with greenish lamps, an elegant fireplace, dark wood cupboards, and portraits of many medieval but famous Slytherin. Merlin's portrait was placed on the overhead near a couple of bookcases and Salazar Slytherin was placed above the fireplace. 

Amelia shivered slightly due to the coldness of the common room. 

Gemma directed the girl's toward a door that would lead them to their dormitory and the boys through another. Amelia followed a couple of first-year girls up a dark green marble staircase until they reached an empty dormitory with four empty beds. 

The beds were covered in a green eiderdown with their school trunks placed at the foot of their bed. A dark maple nightstand sat beside the bed with a lamp on top. The walls and floors were made out of stone and the windows illuminated a green glow. The dresser had a perch engraved on the front and a wooden chair placed beside it.

" Can't believe a Weasley is in Slytherin." Daphne Greengrass said eyeing the redhead with disgust. 

" Yeah, and of course, we get roomed with the blood traitor." Pansy spat. Amelia stood in the doorway awkwardly as Millicent Bulstrode laughed.

Amelia raised an eyebrow at the girl as she crossed her arms. " I wouldn't laugh Millicent. If blood status is what you care about then you should be quiet, Half-blood." Amelia told her.

The three girls glared at Amelia as she lay down on her bed. Her back turned to them.

" I would watch my mouth if I were you," said Daphne with a stern voice. 

" Good thing you are not me." 

Amelia sighed as she heard the three girls behind her mumble amongst themselves. She closed her eyes and tried to block their voices out and go to sleep. She was exhausted from the day and wanted to be to sleep her problems away. But her mind kept her awake as she wondered why she was sorted into Slytherin.