Chapter-15

Chapter-15

-MM is... My Martin

Diana Thomas's POV

I feel lips on my forehead. A gentle kiss lingering for a few seconds before vanishing. I hum and open my eyes with a smile feeling peaceful. The smile on my face turns into a shy grin as I see the person in front of me. The person that's guilty of making my heart race. Martin. He is looking down at me with a small smile. Oh my!

"Good morning, Cara Mia," he says and before I can respond he vanishes into thin air.

I wake up gasping for air. My fingers run through my hair and I breathe for air. My mind is still reeling the shock of what I just dreamt about. Martin?

I look beside me and find the bed empty. He was sleeping here yesterday night. Did he leave already? My heart feels empty and heavy. How can he leave just like that? Does last night mean nothing to him? I mean, it's not like we had sex, but... It was something! He came looking for me! He... looked at me with that look in his eyes! I know there is something! But, he just left?!

This is what I am worried about. Pulling me to him one minute and pushing me away the other. It's like he doesn't care for my feelings. It's like he is running away from me. I had so many things to ask him today when he wakes up. Why did he come here yesterday? Why did he keep calling me even when I was right in front of him? Is he really related to my past like I think he is?

I intended to bring the truth out today no matter what, but seems like that's not going to happen today. I am not going to let him treat me like this! Picking up the phone on my night stand, I dial his number. As the phone rings, my heart starts beating fast. Why? He picks up the call on the third ring.

"Yes, Ms. Thomas." He sounds very professional. Ms. Thomas?! I wasn't Ms. Thomas last night, was I? I was Diana. Now we are back at it again? Anger courses through my body and fills me. I am not some doll that he can treat me as he pleases.

"Oh, stop it!" There was silence on the other side. "I was not Ms. Thomas last night, when you came knocking on my door!"

"Ms. Thomas-"

"I said stop it!" I nearly scream and tears are beginning to fill my eyes. I feel this ache in my heart and it's because of him. "You can't keep playing with me like this! You have no right to!" I pause for a moment. He can't! "Why did you come to my house last night? I want to know the truth." There! I said it! "I know, you know that I like you. I also know how stupid it might sound since you are my boss and I might seem like a stupid to you-"

"You are not stupid. It's not stupid to like someone, whoever it is," he says cutting me while I speak.

"Then do you think of me as a fool?"

"What?"

Tears start pooling in my eyes. "You heard me."

"Diana," he whispers. Oh God! It hurts even more when he calls me with my name! God! It hurts when he calls me Ms. Thomas, it hurts when he calls me Diana! Fuck! This is so... so... Urgh! I want to tell him to not call me that too. "I don't think of you as a fool." Sincerity drips in his tone.

"Then why do you treat me like one? Why come to my house and give me hopes and leave the next morning without even as much a goodbye?! Why are you playing with me?! Does that make you happy?!"

"I am not playing with you. I have not such intentions."

"You can't treat me like this! I know you like me. I know you do!" I say with conformity. "I saw it in your eyes last night!" I nearly whisper. "You looked happy."