5. Flying lesson

°°°

°°°

Amelia spent most of her time studying for her classes and finishing up homework weeks in advance. It was the only thing she could do considering no one in her year, or house wanted to befriend a blood traitor. When she sat in the common room with a spellbook in her lap, she could overhear Draco talking about his excitement for their first flying lesson and bragging about how good he was. With a roll of her eyes, Amelia left the common room and walked toward the library where she had found comfort being surrounded by books.

When she arrived at the library, it was filled with many students, the majority being Ravenclaws, who were busy with their homework. As Amelia tried to find a seat when she spotted Dean Thomas sitting in the back with a boy that she recognized as Seamus.

She immediately walked over to him.

Dean noticed the redhead girl walking toward him with a book in hand. He turned toward Seamus and told him to look down at his book. Both boys did not want to make eye contact with her. On his first night at Hogwarts, Dean was roomed with Amelia's twin brother; Ron Weasley. Throughout the week Ron started telling everyone how his sister, who was the scum of the earth, held such horrible values toward muggle-born witches and wizards.

Once Amelia reached the table she noticed their attempts to not look at her.

" Oh?" Amelia breathy let out. "You're not talking to me too?"

She looked down at her shoes once she felt the faucet turning in her eyes. She didn't want more people to see her cry.

" Okay then. Didn't realize that was the hot trend here at Hogwarts."

Amelia turned around and walked out of the library. Not realizing Madam Pince was glaring at her.

" Amelia?"

The girl stopped in her tracks. She wiped her tears with the end of her sweater and turn around.

" What!" Amelia sighed. And to her surprise, she saw Justin Finch-Fletchley.

" You okay?"

" Do I look okay to you?" Amelia sniffed as she crossed her arms.

" Well, you're red glossy eyes say otherwise. " Justin told her as he walked toward her. " What happened?"

" I somehow managed to gain a reputation as a blood traitor among the Slytherins and a muggle hater among everyone else." Amelia sighed.

Justin stood in front of her. He had caught wind of the possibility of Amelia being a muggle-hater from his fellow Hufflepuffs. It apparently explained why she was sorted into Slytherin.

" Well, I guess if you hated muggle-borns so much you probably wouldn't be talking to one," Justin said as he smiled at her. " Come on, Amelia. I'm sure we both have a lot of Transfiguration homework to do."