7. Quidditch

°°°

°°°

November arrived and the weather turned cold, the grass frosted over and the Great Lake became cold.

Amelia sat near the window where she saw merpeople swim by as she read a spell book on defense against the dark arts. Everyone in the Slytherin common room began to talk about quidditch since the first match of the season was between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Word had leaked that Harry Potter was playing seeker for the Gryffindor team which of course didn't sit well with a lot of people. Especially, Draco Malfoy.

" Can't be! First years aren't allowed on the quidditch team!"

" It's not that surprising if he truly is a part of the team."

" He's Harry Potter. He gets to bend the rules."

Amelia held back a laugh at their comments and closed her book. She leaped off the couch with her bookbag in hand. She headed toward the library where she hoped to find Justin.

When she entered the library she spotted Justin next to a Hufflepuff boy who she didn't recognize.

The library was silent with only a few students around working on homework. Amelia walked up toward Justin's table and sat down.

" Hey, Justin!"

" Amy! Oh, how happy I am to see you." Justin said as he slide his transfiguration homework toward her as looked at her with desperate eyes, " I have been practicing the Avifors spell and can't accomplish it. "

Amelia laughed and pulled the book toward her and read up on the spell.

"Have you done the right-hand movement?" Amelia inquired as she glanced up at him. The Hufflepuff beside him coughed out a laugh. He quickly looked down toward his homework when Justin glared at him.

" Of course I did," Justin sighed before he leaned back into his chair, " I think- I think I have?" Justin questioned.

" Well if so then, you just have to concentrate. You also have to keep the transfiguration formula in mind."

Amelia pushed the book back toward Justin and glanced over at the boy beside him.

" I'm Amelia, by the way."

" Ernie Macmillan."

The three sat together as they helped each other with their homework. The students started to leave the library as closing hours neared.

" Oi, Amelia? Are you going to the quidditch match tomorrow?" Justin asked.

" Uh, don't know. Not my thing." Amelia shrugged off. Her mind went to her brothers. She knew Fred and George were on the team and she didn't have the energy to see them.

" Really? Come on! You should come with me and Ernie-" Justin wasn't going to miss the first match of the season, Especially with the possibility of seeing Harry Potter play. But then he remembered how she felt toward the Gryffindor house. "- I mean if you want.." Justin quickly added. He gave Amelia a small smile. Not sure if he crossed a line. Ernie, not knowing the situation, looked at both of them confused.