9. Hufflepuff match

°°°

°°°

The term started once again when January finally came around and the students returned from break.

Many of the teachers didn't hold back and gave the students a load of homework.

Amelia though was delighted with having all her friends back.

She started to spend more time in the library with Justin, Ernie, and Mandy as they all helped each other with their studies.

Amelia would occasionally seek help from Aries who had all his first-year knowledge still fresh in his mind. The two would sit beside each other in the Great Hall or sometimes hang out in the common room with some of Aries's second-year friends.

Amelia sat in the library with her DADA book opened and began to read about the Verdimillious Charm.

" You lot remember who created the Severing Charm?" Mandy asked. The Ravenclaw was working on a Herbology essay that involved the creation of the cutting spell and how it is used in Herbology.

" Delfina Crimp in 1400," Ernie mumbled as he worked on a charms essay.

" How are you lot doing in Defense against the dark arts?" Amelia asked. The young witch felt like she wasn't learning anything truly important. Professor Quirrell had failed to provide real-life situations where he had used magic to defend himself. Only telling stories with no actual solutions.

" Honestly, the bloke is a joke," Ernie said.

" Yeah, he doesn't seem to understand what he's teaching," Justin added.

" Does he seem... quite suspicious to you?" Amelia asked in a quiet tone. The three of them looked at her questionably.

" What you on about?" Mandy asked.

" He seems like a liar. I wouldn't be surprised if the stories he's told are false. Besides, why does he wear a turban?"

" Didn't he say it was a gift?" Mandy answered.

" Sure, but I've been gifted jewelry before but I don't wear it every day. Just seems like he's hiding something." Amelia shrugged as she flipped the page of her book.

" Professor Quirrell doesn't seem like an exciting person. Doubt he has skeletons in his closet." Ernie said.

" yeah, it's just a gut feeling ya know," Amelia said with a sigh.

After an hour of reading and writing a paper on how to use the Vperdimillious Charm, Amelia left the library.

On her way out she noticed Draco as he held his wand, which was pointed at Neville Longbottom, and cast a spell that left the boy with his legs locked together.

" Malfoy!" Amelia scoffed as she walked toward him with a stern expression.

" Look he's hopping away!" Draco laughed along with Crabbe and Goyle as Neville tried to hop as fast as he could, away from Draco.